STI Swap question?

This is a discussion on STI Swap question? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; yea I know im a noob to subarus but I have a wrx and I just got a sti motor ...

STI Swap question?

yea I know im a noob to subarus but I have a wrx and I just got a sti motor what do I need if anything to it into my wrx. Like I mean do I need a new ecu, wiring, etc? thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    There are several WRX and STi motors but in general you will need mapping, potentially fueling, and frequently wiring.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

thanks also one more thing I have an IWG on my 20g how do I convert it to EWG can I take it to a muffler shop and have them custom weld my turbo back exhaust?

I Support ClubWRX
    If you are not DIY welding I'd buy the right down pipe and after fitting the EWG I'd remap the car -- you will need EM for the wastegate I'm almost certain. Find someone to map the car, discuss what parts to fit, do the wrenching, and flat bed the car to them.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by gokartmar27 View Post
    thanks also one more thing I have an IWG on my 20g how do I convert it to EWG can I take it to a muffler shop and have them custom weld my turbo back exhaust?

Turbo back should have nothing to do with EWG.. you need to buy an EWG uppipe, the EWG itself, and a bracket to hold the IWG shut (or weld it). And you will need a tune.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    What year Subaru do you own?

The following applies only if you own a 2002-2005 WRX:

It'd be easier to plug the AVCS, retain the stock manifold bolted onto the heads. This makes it much easier without having to swap the harness and ECU. TBH, you'll have much better results using your EJ205 heads with the STi block.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/