Invidia Vs. Tsudo? Downpipes

This is a discussion on Invidia Vs. Tsudo? Downpipes within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I would like to get some opions from everyone on what downpipe they prefer. Looking to buy one at the ...

I would like to get some opions from everyone on what downpipe they prefer. Looking to buy one at the moment. And i see a Tsudo for $180 and there is an invidia one for $260. I have heard good things about the both of them. But i wanted to know what one would be lowder or have a deeper tone. Also which one is the better choice. Also does a catless or catted really matter? does it make that much of a difference? I would like to get some opinions thank you.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I currently have an Invidia catless downpipe. I think it has a nice deep tone. As for catless vs. catted, I went with the catless for this...

Tsudo will do the same thing. I know a lot of ppl that have them and they work great.

Alright, do you think if i went with one that is catted there would be any sound difference/performance? Because its pretty strict around here with the Catless. and dirty bucket what kind of catback do you have? Thats a sick flame

I Support ClubWRX
    Downpipe is a downpipe in regards to volume/tone; that's determined by the catback.

Catted vs catless, you'll have more power and better response with catless. On a turbocharged vehicle, the least amount of backpressure post-turbo, the better.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Catless will be louder. Found that out with a Cobb catted DP and mxp exhaust, mxp exhaust was a lot louder and deeper tone with catless DP.

If you live in a area that has cold winters you'll be more probe to over boosting during the winter with catless as well. Just have to be careful of pulling boost in higher gears during the really cold weather if you're using a catless DP. But it's manageable.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by starkall
    If you live in a area that has cold winters you'll be more probe to over boosting during the winter with catless as well. Just have to be careful of pulling boost in higher gears during the really cold weather if you're using a catless DP. But it's manageable.
    Overboosting in the colder temps is a tune issue.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Could be, I've had pro tunes from 3 different shops and they would all overboost while catless in about 5 degrees to below zero weather. Never had a problem with catted but would get about 10-15 more hp and and about 20ft lbs more torque with catless.

Quote Originally Posted by MySubieWagon02 View Post
    Alright, do you think if i went with one that is catted there would be any sound difference/performance? Because its pretty strict around here with the Catless. and dirty bucket what kind of catback do you have? Thats a sick flame
    I have the Perrin sport tone.

I have a tsudo catless. I love everything about it except for the bottom right bolt when installing. Because of the bell mouth, To get a good grip to tighten it had to shave down one of my boxed end wrenches so that way it could slide over the bolt.

Thats what i proabaly am going to get. Probably will just go with the tsudo catless DP. They are pretty strict with emmisions and safety around here thats the problem. But cant i have a shop tune it out? so it doesnt say that its not catted? or whatever. And yamaha did the tsudo fit correctly? were there any problems with fitment?

For me no issues. Just that bottom right bolt. But other then that fit and sounds great. I did have to DIY it. I took off the stock heat shield for the cat and threw it on my DP just in case the cops wanted to snoop around. So now it looks catted.
    Last edited by Yamahar6311; 04-21-2013 at 12:03 PM.

As for smog tests. Lets just say I know a guy that knows a guy lol