Tmic question?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Tmic question? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey fellow clubwrx peeps... I will be buying a tmic(process west)from my buddy hear in the next few days. My ...

I Support ClubWRX

Tmic question?

Hey fellow clubwrx peeps... I will be buying a tmic(process west)from my buddy hear in the next few days. My question is will I or can I put this on my car without tuning for it right way. My buddy is running a stage 3 map from TP and I will do the same but I don't have the other required mods yet (ebcs,aftermarket bpv). I know without a tune I'm not going to get the full potention of the tm. Like a dp you have to tune for it. Is the tm like this?

2012 wrx
    Stage 2 Torqued Performance
    Cobb intake
    Invidia catted dp
    AP

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Should be alright.. I would log to make sure, but if anything it should make your current tune safer.

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh noooo. I hope when you say it will make my current tune safer your not referring that the TP map is unsafe. I have made a big step in the past month into the mod world so all I know is what I have researched and seen first hand. If you could share with me what you think about the map i am on it would be greatly appreciated.

I Support ClubWRX
    Although I believe some people are not the biggest fans of TP maps, I think he is referring to the fact that a quality TMIC will flow more air and reduce the amount of presure that is lost (lower presure drop). Also better cooling, which you would get with a quality TMIC, will reduce the chances of a pre-ignition, which could cause damage. (Although I could be misinterpreting his statement!)
    Last edited by 11blackSTi; 04-18-2013 at 11:52 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    Although I believe some people are not the biggest fans of TP maps, I think he is referring to the fact that a quality TMIC will flow more air and reduce the amount of presure that is lost (lower presure drop). (Although I could be misinterpreting his statement!)

Well.. the decreased pressure drop is the only thing I would worry about. If you're boosting more then you might venture into load zones that have not been tuned, which would be a problem. I was more referring to the increased cooling capacity of the better TMIC to help prevent knock.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    Well.. the decreased pressure drop is the only thing I would worry about. If you're boosting more then you might venture into load zones that have not been tuned, which would be a problem. I was more referring to the increased cooling capacity of the better TMIC to help prevent knock.
    Haha I just added a similar statement through an edit as you wrote that!

I Support ClubWRX
    Would one step colder plugs help me with pre ignition. Not sure when these are or should be installed on the car. Btw thanks for all the info!!

I would only use stock heat range plugs. If you're having pre-ignition problems your tune needs to be fixed.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower
    If you could share with me what you think about the map i am on it would be greatly appreciated.
    Without seeing the map, no one can do that.

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower
    Would one step colder plugs help me with pre ignition. Not sure when these are or should be installed on the car. Btw thanks for all the info!!
    No
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.