2010 WRX intake help. Please respond!

This is a discussion on 2010 WRX intake help. Please respond! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thank you for taking the time to read my question. I just recently just purchased a 2010 WRX in which ...

2010 WRX intake help. Please respond!

Thank you for taking the time to read my question. I just recently just purchased a 2010 WRX in which I just extended the warranty. I am looking into an intake but I am aware it does require a tune. I would like to make the sound of the turbo more prominent. I don't want to tune my car because there is a possibility that it may void certain repairs. I know I can unmarry it with the cobb access port but I cannot afford any chances. Are there any other alternatives? I am not looking for any gains. I just love that sound. If I just change the filter alone to a k&n cone filter will that cause any problems and is that possible? Would it make the sound more prominent?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    There really is no other option. There is no silencer to delete on your car, which was a standard thing on pre-'08 WRXs. Really, if you want the sound (silly IMO) that badly, you're going to need an intake and associated tune. You can try changing out the filter to a "high flow" one, but I doubt you'll get the results you're seeking. I would not recommend rigging a cone filter to fit in that hose. It won't be stable and could very easily throw off the MAF readings worse than any aftermarket intake would.

Maybe bring someone along with you to make a "wooosh" and then "pssh" noise when you shift?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Maybe bring someone along with you to make a "wooosh" and then "pssh" noise when you shift?
    hahahaaa problem solved

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by dwn_90 View Post
    I don't want to tune my car because there is a possibility that it may void certain repairs.
    First off it can't "void your warranty". They can deny your claim. Two different things. Secondly,installing an air intake is the same risk as installing the AP as far as Subaru's claim department is concerned.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S