DownPipes

This is a discussion on DownPipes within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was just wondering everyone's opinion on this. I am looking to put a downpipe on my 02 WRX. I ...

DownPipes

I was just wondering everyone's opinion on this. I am looking to put a downpipe on my 02 WRX. I want to get like an invida downpipe or something, but of course their like $250. So should i just get like an $80 doller downpipe on ebay? or should i actually spend some money on a good name brand one? Or does it make that much of a difference which one i get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would spend the money and get a good downpipe like an invidia. If you go with a real cheap one you will get just that, either made poorly or bad fitment.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Invidia DPs for $250!? Where? $250 for an uppipe sounds about right, but you're sure getting a steal if it's a downpipe for that price!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I Support ClubWRX
    i got my catless invidia downpipe new for 230, so the deals are out there
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I got a used catless downpipe for $100.
    Like you, I was gonna get a cheap eBay pipe. Then I took a 10 minute trip to my local Craigslist.

yea mopar there is a invida downpipe on ebay for 240. like blackwrx said, but i just barely bought a brand new SRS type r1 4.5 inch tip for $270 and i love it catback. so i think ima just go with the invidia downpipe. I think i wanna get a cattless one too.

Dude, I'm not gonna tell you how to spend your money but, that's pretty pricey for a piece of bent steel. My $100 downpipe is a Helix brand and I've seen those sell for $80 used
    I've heard people being able to get away with cheap SRS downpipes if they're not located within the rust belt.

A downpipe is a downpipe is a downpipe, if its catless.

Posted from a fone.