DownPipes
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on DownPipes within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was just wondering everyone's opinion on this. I am looking to put a downpipe on my 02 WRX. I ...

DownPipes

I was just wondering everyone's opinion on this. I am looking to put a downpipe on my 02 WRX. I want to get like an invida downpipe or something, but of course their like $250. So should i just get like an $80 doller downpipe on ebay? or should i actually spend some money on a good name brand one? Or does it make that much of a difference which one i get?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I would spend the money and get a good downpipe like an invidia. If you go with a real cheap one you will get just that, either made poorly or bad fitment.
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    Invidia DPs for $250!? Where? $250 for an uppipe sounds about right, but you're sure getting a steal if it's a downpipe for that price!
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

I Support ClubWRX
    i got my catless invidia downpipe new for 230, so the deals are out there
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

I got a used catless downpipe for $100.
    Like you, I was gonna get a cheap eBay pipe. Then I took a 10 minute trip to my local Craigslist.

yea mopar there is a invida downpipe on ebay for 240. like blackwrx said, but i just barely bought a brand new SRS type r1 4.5 inch tip for $270 and i love it catback. so i think ima just go with the invidia downpipe. I think i wanna get a cattless one too.

Dude, I'm not gonna tell you how to spend your money but, that's pretty pricey for a piece of bent steel. My $100 downpipe is a Helix brand and I've seen those sell for $80 used
    I've heard people being able to get away with cheap SRS downpipes if they're not located within the rust belt.

A downpipe is a downpipe is a downpipe, if its catless.

Posted from a fone.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.