Can't identify aftermarket exhaust.

This is a discussion on Can't identify aftermarket exhaust. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello, just had a 2011 WRX delivered from a dealer friend. I had him take videos of the exhaust note ...

Can't identify aftermarket exhaust.

Hello, just had a 2011 WRX delivered from a dealer friend. I had him take videos of the exhaust note because I didn't want something that would wake the dead! Sounded perfect! The delivery truck pulls up, the driver fires the engine up and the windows in the house rattled! I quickly put the car in the garage and closed the door. Help! I can't drive this thing in my neighborhood. The stock quad tip exhaust has been replaced with an unfinished dual tipped system that Y's just behind the axle. It's finished with a 21" piece that is 3" in diameter. No identifying markings that I can see. I'm new to aftermarket exhaust systems but I can't identify a conventional muffler. This thing sounds like the devil growling even at idle.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Posting pictures would be more helpful
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Posting pictures would be more helpful
    New to the forum. Not sure how to upload pictures.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Make an account of a photo hosting site.. photobucket, flickr, picasa, 500px, tinypic, etc. Then use the image tag in your post.

Probably just a custom job if there are no markings. They most likely went to a muffler shop, hacked off the muffler and replaced it with 3" piping and new tips. If you want it replaced, I would suggest either getting the stock exhaust or getting the STP for a little more of a grumble.
    '11 WRX DGM

Quote Originally Posted by Uluru1 View Post
    New to the forum. Not sure how to upload pictures.
    Go to imgur.com upload the image there. Copy and paste the link here.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper