PPP question - making a mod list
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on PPP question - making a mod list within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 05 wrx with the prodrive upgrade which brings it to roughly 265bhp with the map or different ...

PPP question - making a mod list

I have a 05 wrx with the prodrive upgrade which brings it to roughly 265bhp with the map or different ecu.

Can I fit something like a cobb intake with airbox without a retune? Or would it be a waste of money. Thinking of removing the hks bov and changing to the intake instead.

Just putting a list together of mods to try do over the next year.

Any info or advise / recommendations would be appreciated.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

welcome, follow the link in my signature for info on first mods
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Great thanks i will start looking through the info.
    i also did a silencer delete which adds more sound, alot more than i thought it would.

Registered User Subaru-Mopar-Luv's Avatar
    I good start would be selling the HKS BOV and buying either a used or new stock BPV. Could go with the larger Cobb BPV as it adds more sound than stock but is still safe to run, unlike BOVs. Check out the link in Ruh Roh's signature! It explains everything.
    Speed never killed anyone, suddenly becoming stationary, that's what gets you. -Jeremy Clarkson

Bugeye Mafia Member #419

Yea, you're gonna catch a lot of sh*t for having a bov but do what you want. To each their own. And don't put your intake in until you can either get a tune or re-flash the ecu with an AP. I just went through this problem when I put my Cobb intake on and the car ran weird. It would hesitate at certain rpm. I got the AP and re-flashed the car... Runs perfect now. You should plan on tuning or re-flashing the car every time you throw a mod on that changes the airflow. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

but with the AP wont i lose my prodrive map? as the car is at 265bhp ish now.

Quote Originally Posted by SoFloRex View Post
    Yea, you're gonna catch a lot of sh*t for having a bov but do what you want. To each their own. And don't put your intake in until you can either get a tune or re-flash the ecu with an AP. I just went through this problem when I put my Cobb intake on and the car ran weird. It would hesitate at certain rpm. I got the AP and re-flashed the car... Runs perfect now. You should plan on tuning or re-flashing the car every time you throw a mod on that changes the airflow. Hope that helps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
    An 05 WRX doesn't require a reflash for something as simple as a Cobb intake like the 3rd gens do. But you won't really see any gains from it either since the stock airbox isn't too restrictive.

Quote Originally Posted by IcemanBeara View Post
    but with the AP wont i lose my prodrive map? as the car is at 265bhp ish now.
    You don't necessarily need an AP due to what I said above. So you have a Prodrive edition WRX? You need to figure out what all that entails. If it is just a reflash, then it's more than likely just more aggressive.

You should figure out what you want out of the car first, and base the mod path off of that.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    AP only works on USDM cars anyways. It's hard to advise for mods when we don't know what you are looking for or already have. I personally would go for upgraded sways bars with a custom alignment along with a performance brake rotor and pad kit with stainless steel braided lines.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Thanks for all the info.

Now have a few things to aim for, hope to do the brakes over summer.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.