Stage 3? Or go another way?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 3? Or go another way? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Thinking of going stage 3 (TMIC, fuel pump, one step colder plugs, stage 3 TP tune) Who's gotten this from ...

Stage 3? Or go another way?

Thinking of going stage 3 (TMIC, fuel pump, one step colder plugs, stage 3 TP tune)
    Who's gotten this from stage 2? How big of a difference is it? Worth the money?
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by elblanco1987 View Post
    Thinking of going stage 3 (TMIC, fuel pump, one step colder plugs, stage 3 TP tune)
    Who's gotten this from stage 2? How big of a difference is it? Worth the money?
    Not a bad way to go...but for even better results, and if you're spending the money on those upgrades anyway, why not go get a dyno protune? That will yield much better gains for you.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

Unless you've got suspension and brake mods that you haven't listed, I'd work on that before adding more power.

Dyno is hard to come by, there isn't one anywhere around here so idhave to drive for hours without a tune. I'd get the download tune for now and get it dynoed later

I Support ClubWRX
    My buddy who is on the forum is stage 3 with a tp map. He is actually about to switch from a PW ic to a fmic. (More of a looks thing for him). I don't know actually numbers to tell you but from stage 2 to stage 3 just being in the car both times you do feel more pull (power). If ur looking for a aftermarket tmic he will be selling his. For a stage 3 tp map your else going to need a ebcs.

Oh ya I forgot about that. Well if he's looking for someone to sell the tmic to I'm interested

I Support ClubWRX
    Oh ya I forgot about that. Well if he's looking for someone to sell the tmic to I'm interested
    I will ask him what he wants for it. I was going to buy it but I prob would have to get a new wife if I did. And I'm not ready for that yet but i jus bought his cobb short ram because he had to buy a cai for his fmic.

I Support ClubWRX
    He said 600$ shipped depending where u live.

Quote Originally Posted by mcdbrendan View Post
    Unless you've got suspension and brake mods that you haven't listed, I'd work on that before adding more power.

^THIS
    \_(ツ)_/
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

I Support ClubWRX
    ^thats just a opinion.

I'll take it pending pics of condition

I Support ClubWRX
    I jus texted him the link to this thread. So u guys can figure this out. He said he has around 6000-7000 miles on ic.

Quote Originally Posted by WrxPower View Post
    ^thats just a opinion.
    ^that's just an opinion as well.

For your car to adequately handle the extra power you are adding, you need to have better suspension components to help put that power safely and reliably to the ground. And when you have substantial power added, you have to have a safe and reliable way to stop that power...ergo upgraded brakes and suspension aren't exactly an opinion. Stock components as is weren't exactly designed with the thought of "what if this guy decides to start adding 25-30% more power to the engine" when they were designed.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    ^that's just an opinion as well.

For your car to adequately handle the extra power you are adding, you need to have better suspension components to help put that power safely and reliably to the ground. And when you have substantial power added, you have to have a safe and reliable way to stop that power...ergo upgraded brakes and suspension aren't exactly an opinion. Stock components as is weren't exactly designed with the thought of "what if this guy decides to start adding 25-30% more power to the engine" when they were designed.
    I agree!!

Dyno is hard to come by, there isn't one anywhere around here so idhave to drive for hours without a tune. I'd get the download tune for now and get it dynoed later
    What about contacting a shop and setting it up to bring the parts there and put them on/tune it all at once?

Ps my vote is for some suspension/brake work as well, just a personal opinion but I enjoy improvement in those areas just as much as moar powah!
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.