How to disable VDC Stability Control on a WRX! ???

This is a discussion on How to disable VDC Stability Control on a WRX! ??? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Ok, i know with the Sti's you can disable the traction control AND VDC. but with wrx's it seems that ...

How to disable VDC Stability Control on a WRX! ???

Ok, i know with the Sti's you can disable the traction control AND VDC. but with wrx's it seems that you can ONLY disable traction control... is this really the case?? Is there a way around this bs..?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

As far as I know.. regular WRX only have Traction Control and not VDC, so that's why you only have the option to turn Traction Control on and off..

From Subaru website "Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC)
    VDC electronic stability control utilizes sensors which constantly monitor wheel speed, steering angle, brake pressure, vehicle yaw rate and lateral g-forces. If VDC detects a difference between the driver's intended path and the one the vehicle is actually taking, VDC applies braking power and/or reduces engine torque to help correct vehicle path. Exclusive to WRX STI, VDC features Standard, Off and Performance-oriented Traction modes.
    Also Standard on: WRX Premium 4-door, WRX Limited 4-door, WRX STI 4-door, WRX STI Limited"

How do you interoperate this?? Is it saying that the ability to switch it off is exclusive to those models? Or that the system is exclusive to those models?

What year is your car? I have a 10 wrx premium and I know for me that traction is either on or off. I would say since you can't turn it off that it's not there so there's nothing to turn off.. A friend at work has a 13 Evo and I've ridden in it a few times and we whipped it around a few corners and you can really feel it kick in, which is another reason I think only STI have it.. Just my thoughts

KHP
    Actually the WRX 2011+ do have VDC. Unfortunately we can't turn it off. It's the same system that makes up for the car not having mechanical limited diffs. The system actuates brakes of the wheel that has low traction to send the power to the wheel that do have traction. This maybe a good or bad thing.

Good thing because a number of people think they know how to "performance" drive(In reality they don't). So it's good that there's the extra net of safety to prevent the car to get too far away from the driver.

Bad thing for those who actually know how to "performance" drive(this is quite a small number of people). So it prevents them to have "fun".

Traction control is mainly a system to reduce power when wheel slip is detected. This part we can turn off.

I'm not sure about earlier WRX's <2011 having VDC.
    Last edited by KHP; 04-11-2013 at 06:06 PM.
    2011 WRX Limited Spark Silver (5 Door)