Just installed my Q300 catback to stock downpipe with no leaks!! No adapter needed.

This is a discussion on Just installed my Q300 catback to stock downpipe with no leaks!! No adapter needed. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Installed a Q300 catback to my stock downpipe on my 2013 WRX sedan. We took the donut gasket off of ...

Just installed my Q300 catback to stock downpipe with no leaks!! No adapter needed.

Installed a Q300 catback to my stock downpipe on my 2013 WRX sedan. We took the donut gasket off of the downpipe and simply used the flat gasket included with the Q300. Everything bolted up perfectly and there is no leaks. Everyone keeps going back and forth as to whether a stock dowpipe can be used with an aftermarket 3" catback so maybe this will shed some light on the issue.. I know that the adapter you can buy takes advantage of the donut but there is no need for it! Simply using the flat gasket that comes with your aftermarket catback should be perfectly fine as it is for me. Still leak free : )

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Awesome! Thanks man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

I am considering doing the same thing. Was the install difficult? Also, I have had trucks all of my life and I cannot think of how to get under the car to do the install without a lift. How did you do it?

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by motocheme
    I am considering doing the same thing. Was the install difficult? Also, I have had trucks all of my life and I cannot think of how to get under the car to do the install without a lift. How did you do it?
    Ramps or jack stands
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

hey, we used jack stands for the back of the car and the front was still on the ground. This gave enough room to work where the midpipe connect to the downpipe, and then obviously enough room to do the mufflers. We did mufflers, then midpipe. I think that was the easiest way to go.

**very important to leave the car in gear with emergency brake on ha.. especially when testing the exhaust while it is still on the stands; keep it neutral as our cars front wheels have power to. That would suck

I was thinking of doing the same thing. everyone is telling me to get an adapter. i just got my invidia q300 for my hatch as well.

Just purchased a 14' WRX sedan and thinking about the same setup with the stock down pipe for now. How does it sound?

Quote Originally Posted by Subie D00 View Post
    Just purchased a 14' WRX sedan and thinking about the same setup with the stock down pipe for now. How does it sound?
    It sound great if you don't want it to be extremely loud. i think the sound is fine for daily riders.

I also have the Q300 combined with the invidia catted DP, an intake and Stage 2 tune. My friend has just the Q300 and stock DP on his STI. When i saw and heard it I knew thats the exhaust I wanted. But with the DP my WRX is a bit louder and deeper than his STI. Good choice with your exhaust though, whenever you get the DP and go stage 2, you will not be disappointed!
    2011 WRB WRX hatchback---Stage 2
    Stink-Eye Mob #301
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...ld-thread.html <----Build Thread