intake/turbo flutter noise

This is a discussion on intake/turbo flutter noise within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So here the problem , I have recently just installed my front mount intercooler along with my greddy bov. The ...

intake/turbo flutter noise

So here the problem , I have recently just installed my front mount intercooler along with my greddy bov. The bov does not seem to release the extra boost like it is suppose too . Along with that there's is this fluttering sound coming from the intake/turbo area . I put my head next to the intake and bring the rpms up then release the throttle , then the flutter comes after . I've been reading and searching other forums , some say compression surge and some say change the spring rate of the bov . Has anyone else had this similar problem and have a solution for the fluttering ? The other mods are invidia turbo back , spt intake ,invidia up pipe and open source tune on 17 pounds I don't know if that will help . If someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Admiral Ackbar the 1st mycologist's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny_A View Post
    So here the problem , I have recently just installed my front mount intercooler along with my greddy bov. The bov does not seem to release the extra boost like it is suppose too . Along with that there's is this fluttering sound coming from the intake/turbo area . I put my head next to the intake and bring the rpms up then release the throttle , then the flutter comes after . I've been reading and searching other forums , some say compression surge and some say change the spring rate of the bov . Has anyone else had this similar problem and have a solution for the fluttering ? The other mods are invidia turbo back , spt intake ,invidia up pipe and open source tune on 17 pounds I don't know if that will help . If someone could please help it would be greatly appreciated .
    Yes, both are right - your BOV isn't installed correctly. It isn't releasing the pressure when you let off causing compressor surge. Adjusting your BOV correctly is a fundamental aspect of installing it (however that is done for you model, e.g. the spring). You haven't finished the job. Get the instructions for adjusting your BOV and fix it, or put the stock one back on.
    "From a little spark may burst a mighty flame." - Dante
    "The stitch is lost unless the thread is knotted." - Italian proverb