Intake and COBB?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Intake and COBB? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So this is my first car that is worth upgrading. Its a 2013 wrx sedan and has over 3000 miles ...

Intake and COBB?

So this is my first car that is worth upgrading. Its a 2013 wrx sedan and has over 3000 miles on it. Ive been talking to a few guys and it seems like an intake, Cobb and a cat back is a good way to start. What do you think? Oh, and maybe a cat back.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Are you drunk?

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Cobb is a company, not a part.

I'm going to assume you meant an intake, AccessPort, and a catback. The catback is going to be a noise maker, nothing more. If you want a piece of exhaust worth the money to purchase it, get a downpipe instead of the catback. Or better yet, purchase a complete turboback. With a downpipe replacement you can use the stage 2 map on the AccessPort, whereas with the intake and a catback you can only use the stage 1 map.

Make sure you get an approved intake for use with the AccessPort.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

^ exactly what he said

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Yes, I mean the AP. If I get the down pipe wouldn't that void the warranty? Also, I would still be getting the cat back w/ the down pipe correct? Sorry, I know motorcycles. This is my first car I am toying with.

Quote Originally Posted by voriti View Post
    Yes, I mean the AP. If I get the down pipe wouldn't that void the warranty? Also, I would still be getting the cat back w/ the down pipe correct? Sorry, I know motorcycles. This is my first car I am toying with.
    If you get an intake that could be a reason to deny a warranty claim.

I Support ClubWRX

Downpipe= downpipe

Catback= midpipe+axleback

Turboback= Downpipe+catback

So if you get a downpipe,that is all you get. A downpipe.

About voiding the warranty. It is a difficult question to answer. Legally, your warranty cannot be voided. In practice warranty claims can be denied even if said downpipe did not cause a specific malfunction. It is up to the discretion of the company.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I know the difference between a cat back and a down pipe. I was just saying that if I get a down pipe I should get the cat back as well right? Or will a down pipe alone be significant enough?

Quote Originally Posted by voriti View Post
    I know the difference between a cat back and a down pipe. I was just saying that if I get a down pipe I should get the cat back as well right? Or will a down pipe alone be significant enough?
    If you would want to run Cobb's stage 2 map, I believe the notes call for a complete turboback.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Ok. Thanks for the info guys.

with a cobb accesport stg 1 flash, intake- that can mess with warranty. the catback you should be fine but check with dealer before modding
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.