22mm or 24mm rear sway?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 22mm or 24mm rear sway? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm looking to get the 22mm or 24mm whiteline adjustae rear sway bar and kart boy end links for my ...

22mm or 24mm rear sway?

I'm looking to get the 22mm or 24mm whiteline adjustae rear sway bar and kart boy end links for my 2013 wrx. I've heard 22 is plenty but I've also heard that its best to get the 24 and keep the bar at medium setting so the end links won't snap.. Can anyone shed light on the subject?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Any other suspension mods? How often will you be at the track/autocross events? 24 w/o endlinks is asking for trouble...

I would have the kartboy end links as stated in the question. Um for now no front sway or other suspension mods. I'm coming from a fwd car so I'm down for a bit of oversteer for a change . Is it good just to get the 24 and keep it medium?

I Support ClubWRX
    Sways should be matched to your springs. Softer springs, softer sways.

The problem with just adding a rear bar is that the front still goes wide. If you're only interested in one bar for now, focus on the front; it will do more for you.

Whiteline rear sways are always adjustable to three different settings. Personally, I would go with the 22mm bar for the rear, as it's highly unlikely you'll ever need anything above 24mm in the rear (stiffest setting). If you feel you need more bar than that, you're overcompensating for your springs with sways (not ideal). On stock springs, I would say 22mm in the back is ideal. The typical thing to do with sways is to have the same or a little bit more bar up front than in the rear; a popular setup for Whiteline is 24 F / 22 R, because both can be bumped up an additional 2mm of stiffness, if you get better springs and need the additional rigidity.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I guess my real question is, should I get the 24 and keep it on a softer setting so that the endlinks stay safe or should I get the 22 and not worry about it ?

Quote Originally Posted by Beans114 View Post
    I guess my real question is, should I get the 24 and keep it on a softer setting so that the endlinks stay safe or should I get the 22 and not worry about it ?
    Why do you want to get a new rear bar, and not start with the front?

Because I'm looking for more oversteer

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Sways should be matched to your springs. Softer springs, softer sways.

The problem with just adding a rear bar is that the front still goes wide. If you're only interested in one bar for now, focus on the front; it will do more for you.

Whiteline rear sways are always adjustable to three different settings. Personally, I would go with the 22mm bar for the rear, as it's highly unlikely you'll ever need anything above 24mm in the rear (stiffest setting). If you feel you need more bar than that, you're overcompensating for your springs with sways (not ideal). On stock springs, I would say 22mm in the back is ideal. The typical thing to do with sways is to have the same or a little bit more bar up front than in the rear; a popular setup for Whiteline is 24 F / 22 R, because both can be bumped up an additional 2mm of stiffness, if you get better springs and need the additional rigidity.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beans114 View Post

All the information you need is in that post above yours...
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.