Ordered a turbo blanket today - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Ordered a turbo blanket today within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I actually got my stock heat shield over top the PTP turbo blanket, for what it is worth. I am ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I actually got my stock heat shield over top the PTP turbo blanket, for what it is worth. I am sure I am hitting diminishing returns at that point, but I figured it can't hurt much.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by chutoyy View Post
    PTP + Grimmspeed Heatshield for me!

hmmm, looking at this I need to go out and look and mine and make sure I did it correctly. I'm pretty sure I did. I've done all of my installations and I think i'm making it more difficult than it has to be lol.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    hmmm, looking at this I need to go out and look and mine and make sure I did it correctly. I'm pretty sure I did. I've done all of my installations and I think i'm making it more difficult than it has to be lol.
    As long as it is around the turbo there.... I think you'll be okay. Just has to keep from falling off. It's just an insulator.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Quote Originally Posted by Delnari View Post
    I read on here that Perrin sourced their blanket out to PTP, so the PTP should be as good but only cheaper than the Perrin. PTP offered colors and since I have a red theme going on under the hood I went with the red blanket

If PTP had a thermal blanket for the downpipe I would have used that as well. I did follow the Perrin suggested instructions for wrapping the wire on their blanket for my PTP. Seems very secure with no movement.

Sidenote, looking at the photo above, Jason from Nameless Performance suggested to me that you should not wrap your downpipe with exhaust wrap if you drive where there is heavy rain or salt on roadways. He said the water/salt gets into the material and stays trapped causing permature corrision of the pipe. Even though most vendors use top brand Stainless Steel they are not indestructable! Better to leave an air gap between the pipe and exhuast shielding (aluminum or blanket) to allow excess water/salt to evaporate. Granted the thermal wrap adds great heat protection. The other methods allows for longer life of your exhaust.
    like ceramic coating?

I live in California... so I dunno what rain and snow are... :shrug: :P But chances are I'd replace the turbo before any corrosion happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    As long as it doesn't fall off and the 'cut-outs' aren't impeding the actuator, it should be fine. I have mine held on w/ stainless steel wire.
    2013 WRX Plasma Blue Pearl

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.