Need abit of scooby brains...

This is a discussion on Need abit of scooby brains... within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys I have just brought a subaru wrx but it has had a sti engine lump fitted,I would just ...

Need abit of scooby brains...

Hi guys I have just brought a subaru wrx but it has had a sti engine lump fitted,I would just like to no if the information sounds correct.

Upgraded parts below
    Upgraded fuel pump 225
    Decat and cat back exhause
    Vf37 turbo
    P1 clutch 5 speed
    Upgraded forge pistons
    The car boosts just over 1.5 bar

The engine and remap was done by Power engineering

The outcome after map was
    305.7bhp
    310 ft torque

The person I brought the car off said when this was put on the rollers that it was only running 95 fuel and should be running more now as its on 97fuel don't no if this is true be great fuel for a bit more info if any body can help.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    If the car was mapped for 95 fuel then using 97 will only make a limited quantifiable difference on rollers but in theory the safety margin will be better.

Contact PE direct and see if they've retained info on the car, that's your best bet for reliable history info.

Also I don't follow the bit "Decat and cat back exhaust" unless you are saying the works down pipe was decatted and an exhaust was fitted aft of that.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Sorry I mean it also has a Decat and cat back exhaust ill give them a call tomorrow and ask,thanks alot.

"Need abit of scooby brains..."

Sounds like a zombie post. I just want a sandwich!