Anybody regret going with a muffler delete axle-back?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Anybody regret going with a muffler delete axle-back? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm trying to decide which Nameless axle back kit I want for my WRX. For the hell of it today ...

Anybody regret going with a muffler delete axle-back?

I'm trying to decide which Nameless axle back kit I want for my WRX. For the hell of it today I took my mufflers off and went on a ride. It was too loud. For a daily driver anyhow, for my tastes. 10 years ago I think I would have loved it.

I know with the Nameless muffler delete, it should be a little less noisy than it is now because the exhaust will be routed out the back again, rather than pulsing upward at the trunk floor. Still, I'm leaning more toward the 4 inch muffled kit now.

My fear is if I go with the delete kit, I'll regret it after a little while. I also leave and come home at pretty early hours, and sometimes in the middle of the night. So I'm also a bit self conscious about making it too loud because my neighbors are close. So has anyone gone with a muffler delete kit on a daily driver and regretted it?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i think the delete kit will be fine. id believe it to be quieter than no mufflers. listen to clips on youtube for some examples, wont be exactly like that in person but can give you something to work with. If you dont like it, it is a popular kit and can always resell. id rather save the money and get a downpipe and etune.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    i think the delete kit will be fine. id believe it to be quieter than no mufflers. listen to clips on youtube for some examples, wont be exactly like that in person but can give you something to work with. If you dont like it, it is a popular kit and can always resell. id rather save the money and get a downpipe and etune.
    Yeah, my exhaust with SPT, catless downpipe and etune can get VERY loud when I drop the hammer, but going in and out of my neighborhood I just take it easy and it never bothers anyone. I also back my car into my driveway, so when it's warming up at high idle it does shake the windows on my house, but again, doesn't bother any of my neighbors. On the road though, it turns a lot of heads any time I get on the gas. Granted mine is muffled, but a guy I work with has the nameless delete with the stock downpipe and midpipe, and it's definitely quieter than mine.

Thanks for the feedback.

I went with the entire turbo back from Nameless. It was entirely too loud for my taste, even with the catted down pipe, resonator in the mid pipe, and 5" mufflers in the rear. I've still got the down pipe installed, but the mid pipe and axle back are just sitting in storage. I think I would have enjoyed it with more if I'd only gotten the axle back to start with. I've actually got it posted up for sale if you want to save a few bucks on a basically brand new piece.

VA - Nameless Cat-Back 2011+ Sedan, K&N Typhoon 2008+, Agency Power Cat-back 2011+

2011 SWP Sedan

Tuned by Keenan @ All Aspects / 322HP/330TQ
    http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...swp-sedan.html

Delete is fine if its just the axelback.... But when u go cbe get the 5" muffler

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.