At what point are injectors needed?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on At what point are injectors needed? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How much power can these 08-13's produce before the injectors would be maxxed?...

At what point are injectors needed?

How much power can these 08-13's produce before the injectors would be maxxed?
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Power level has absolutely no bearing on injector needs.

Ask you tuner (TP apparently) how yours are holding up. On the newer cars ('09-'13, '08 not so much), stage 2 is pushing your fueling system very near, if not completely to, the max. It's all about the IDC's.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Power level has absolutely no bearing on injector needs.

Ask you tuner (TP apparently) how yours are holding up. On the newer cars ('09-'13, '08 not so much), stage 2 is pushing your fueling system very near, if not completely to, the max. It's all about the IDC's.
    When I asked him about them, he just told me that unless I was going with a bigger turbo or E85 that they likely wouldn't be needed. This is with his tune though. I have seen guys on here pushing 320 ish whp that were running close to needing some new ones. My last mods are going to be the ELH's and the tumbler mod that grimmspeed offers, I would imagine that would put me with my other mods around 330+ whp.

If your looking to run E85 i would run injectors same with a bigger turbo that way you don't max out the duty cycle on the injectors so you can compensate for boost creep and that way you have room to play.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    He's likely right, but I've seen logs of people with 09+ WRX's whose meager stage 2 set up had them at >100% (some upwards of 110%) IDC's. It all depends on your setup, tune, and what your datalogs are saying. If you're going to be changing the volume, density, or flow of air through your engine, you should ALWAYS keep an eye on your fueling. Your tuner should be asking you for datalogs before advising you on your injector situation.

Some people are fine with running IDC's at greater than 100%. Personally, I'd never let my car get near 100% during operation. Even the slightest hiccup in that case could cause a lethal lean condition. Fueling is not something anyone should ever take lightly.

But again, your power level has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you need upgraded injectors.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    He's likely right, but I've seen logs of people with 09+ WRX's whose meager stage 2 set up had them at >100% (some upwards of 110%) IDC's. It all depends on your setup, tune, and what your datalogs are saying. If you're going to be changing the volume, density, or flow of air through your engine, you should ALWAYS keep an eye on your fueling. Your tuner should be asking you for datalogs before advising you on your injector situation.

Some people are fine with running IDC's at greater than 100%. Personally, I'd never let my car get near 100% during operation. Even the slightest hiccup in that case could cause a lethal lean condition. Fueling is not something anyone should ever take lightly.

But again, your power level has absolutely nothing to do with whether or not you need upgraded injectors.

very well said i don't let my customers get over 80% IDC A/f is every thing

I was just curious, I was trying to stay away from having to get them unless it was absolutely necessary. I have some logs I think I can pull up. I'll have to look at them when I get home.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.