Tomei header/up pipe

This is a discussion on Tomei header/up pipe within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone, Anyone have any trouble putting these is? I installed mine yesterday. Man was it a PITA, I had ...

Tomei header/up pipe

Hey everyone,

Anyone have any trouble putting these is? I installed mine yesterday. Man was it a PITA, I had to widen one of the holes on the turbo to connect the up pipe. And wrapping the header was a B****. But after a little bit of TLC i was done. in love with the gains and sound.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I have installed mine twice with no problem. You could have a bent stud or the upipe flange might have not been welded on 100% striaght.

Maybe, But its in and good. Did you get UEL or EL

UEL and wrapped it with the cheap wrap that came with it the first time and it smoked like hell and smelled really bad the first time I cranked the car up and it started to fall off after about a year. I took it back off and used the titanium exhaust wrap and used the heat wrap spray and it is way better.

I got UEL too. I could tell that stuff was crap man. Just putting on tight it would tear. I ordered some of the same stuff I wrapped my DP with and will swap it out one day when I'm not lazy.