suggestions on catback choice

This is a discussion on suggestions on catback choice within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; hello all! was debating on which catback i am going to purchase here in the next couple weeks. i've been ...

Smile suggestions on catback choice

hello all! was debating on which catback i am going to purchase here in the next couple weeks. i've been looking at videos and sound clips and the two i am looking at both sound/look great. choice #1 is the Invidia N1 dual catback = $686 on RSD. choice#2 is Nameless Performance catback = $898. i like the NP because it looks like the stock exhaust but i also like how the N1 looks because it doesn't look stock! hahaha...so basically i'm taking a poll on what everyone else's preference is or if you own either of these, how much do you like them and would you recommend them. i was also contemplating on just getting the NP axlebacks and get the mid-pipes later down the road....thanks all!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

If you have a hatch I'll give you my N1 street for $150. You'll get a nice sound till you decide what you really want

sorry, i should of put down what vehicle i own...hehe..i have a 2011 WRB WRX sedan...otherwise i if i had a hatch i would be all over that deal...

heres is what they look like on my car...Click image for larger version. 

Name:	invidia_dual_n1_burnt_titanium_tips_catback_exhaust_08-13_subaru_wrx_sti_sedan1.jpg 
Views:	62 
Size:	75.4 KB 
ID:	112748

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	71312Exhaust1.jpg 
Views:	61 
Size:	69.2 KB 
ID:	112749NP

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you want stealth look or clearly mod'd look? If you want stealth go #2 picture. Clearly mod'd? #1 picture!

I'm guessing you want a LOUD exhaust? I had the Namless with 5" Mufflers installed for about 2 days...although they looked awesome (3.5" double wall tips) and sounded great at idle, cruising speed was too much for me. If you haven't already, I'd highly suggest getting a ride along with someone that has each exhaust to make sure it's something you like. Don't be like me and get stuck with hundreds of dollars in exhaust parts you don't want.

thanks for the input...i am new to this area so i really havent met anyone yet..this is exactly what im looking for though, someone with a personal experience with these..-1 for the NP..i will try to look out for some subies around my area!

@11blacksti....word!

I Support ClubWRX
    Do the NP axle back muffler delete.. You'll have a very throaty sound coming from your exhaust with this. I have this set up and love the sound.

Keep in mind two things as well as you go on your search:
    1. The hatch and sedan sound completely different with the different exhausts. I recommend a ride along if at all possible. I made the mistake of basing an exhaust purchase on a sedan (I have a hatch), and sold it in about ...1 day? Maybe 2.
    2. If you get a downpipe in the future and go stage 2 (and why wouldn't you?!), then the exhaust will be even louder. Not sure the sound level you are looking for, but keep that in mind as well. Good luck with your search.

decided to go with the Invidia N1's...they will be here next week!! thanks for yalls input!!