Finished break in period. Cobb AP + SF intake!!

This is a discussion on Finished break in period. Cobb AP + SF intake!! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I just changed the oil -synthetic. 950 miles have passed and I followed the b I period pretty well. ...

Smile Finished break in period. Cobb AP + SF intake!!

Well I just changed the oil -synthetic. 950 miles have passed and I followed the b I period pretty well. This evening also put n the Cobb SF intake and married the AP. I decided on the 91+ SF map. It runs 1 PSI less o I figured I'd go conservative to start.

By the way the sound from the intake is awesome. Never heard a whoosh and whine like that in my life.

Tomorrow I will run some logs. The throttle feels like it takes a bit more gas to engage. About how many miles till the car really takes to the ap? Smoother through the gears though.

In the mrng putting in the short throw.

Btw. Cobb is 10% off till 3/31.

Any initial thoughts or advise from fellow "flashers" is appreciated n welcome.
    AP was an easy install btw.

Cheers to upgrades! Very glad I did it

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

thanx for the 10% info
    i am going for ap + cobb dp
    and why do u go for 91 but not 93
    i always put 93 as i thought 91or 89 is not good for wrx or may be i am wrong

so urs is 2013 as mine but i put 4500 miles in 4 months

In Jersey the price difference between 91 and 93 is so negligible I always put 93 in as well.

Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post
    thanx for the 10% info
    i am going for ap + cobb dp
    and why do u go for 91 but not 93
    i always put 93 as i thought 91or 89 is not good for wrx or may be i am wrong

so urs is 2013 as mine but i put 4500 miles in 4 months
    ^^ he means he's just using the 91 octane map from cobb to be conservative because it runs 1 PSI less than the 93 octane map. and the wrx can take 91, 93 is obviously a better option, but some places don't offer 93. so from the factory it's actually conservatively tuned for 91 octane.

and i feel the pain with the miles just piling on. got mine in december and i just rolled over 7,000 today

Quote Originally Posted by WREXXY View Post
    ^^ he means he's just using the 91 octane map from cobb to be conservative because it runs 1 PSI less than the 93 octane map
    Exactly. I still am using. 93 gas 100% of the time. Figured whole the car was still so new and I'm figuring out all this AP stuff I'd go a bit more conservative. I'm mostly city driving anyway...took today off to run some logs and head out to west NJ - my parents live in big sprawling country area and I can really do some safe WOT rips...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    Last edited by DaLeCal; 03-20-2013 at 04:03 AM.

Wants to Sell His Honyota Civilander..Any Takers? BigDaddyRex's Avatar
    In the end the difference between running 91 and 93 on your motor is about zero, but there is a small performance gain. You are better off running the 93 map and letting your ECU "learn" it instead of stepping up. It should not be an issue. Running a 93 map on my 11 for 2 years without anything as an issue. It is nice to have access to 93 - might as well use it!

Lots of us Central Jersey folk out there - maybe I'll spot you ...
    - Chris
    2011 WRX DGM (The Fastest Color) 5DR
    Cobb AP Stage 2 93, Cobb DP, RAs, STS (the dream comes true ...)

ya youre right. now that i have a *day* of time w/ it, and some good maps under my belt, the car feels great, I'll go to a 93. Let me know if you ever want to get a meet going
    2013 WRX Limited Silver. Stage 1 l+ Cobb SF, Short Shifter, 20/50 Tint.
    Logged 17.45 PSI @ 4200. Live Data'd 18.0 max.