Install DP and went Stage 2 two weeks ago. Now P0141 and P0037
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Install DP and went Stage 2 two weeks ago. Now P0141 and P0037 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys. I'm looking for some help. I recently installed my invidia divorced wastegate catted downpipe with my Q300 exhaust. ...

Install DP and went Stage 2 two weeks ago. Now P0141 and P0037

Hey guys.

I'm looking for some help. I recently installed my invidia divorced wastegate catted downpipe with my Q300 exhaust. I loaded my stage 2 map with my cobb accessport and went for a drive. I have been driving for about two weeks with no problems until today. As I was driving, my check engine light turned on, along with the traction control light illuminating and the cruise control blinking. My boost levels seemed appropriate for the map that I was running (Cobb OTS Stage 2 93). Once I got home, I checked the faults and got P0141 and P0037. I reset the ECU via the accessport and also tried reflashing the same map for the hell of it. I went for a drive, varying my driving style to see if the fault would reappear but it hasn't yet. I'm assuming because I reset the ECU that the light may just not kick in for a little while. I know it could be plausible to have had a o2 sensor go bad.... but at 26000 miles?? Has anyone had this happen to them? What was your fix? Anybody have any advice? I'm gonna lift the car up tomorrow to check the wire and clip for the o2 sensor but until then any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance guys.

Will

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Forgot to mention. This is a 2011 WRX.

Well I have a cat-less and was running into the same prob with the stg2 91.(knowing that the map wasn't right for my mods) Don't worry about all the blinking lights. They just mean that you will be unable to use any of them. My answer would be that Cobb maps are for Cobb DP'S. anything else might throw it off. I had to get a TP map. Thanks to Eric at torqued performance my 08 STI runs bad@$$. "I" highly recommend him.

The only thing is that when you see the requirements to go stage 2 they state "The Stage2 maps were developed using a COBB Tuning turbo-back exhaust system with a high-flow catalytic
    converter. An equivalent turbo-back exhaust system could also be used". I believe my system should be equivalent to theirs. Does anybody else have any ideas why this may be happening?

What intake do you have? Cobb I would assume.

Only cause there are dude rant STG 2 maps for stock, Cobb, and AEM. Also did you check for an update for the AP

Differant*

Im running the cobb sf intake stage 2 with catted downpipe on 93 octane.

- - - Updated - - -

Im running the cobb sf intake stage 2 with catted downpipe on 93 octane.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Yamahar6311 View Post
    Differant*
    Different

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    Different
    Thanks for the correction 😅

So anybody have any thoughts?

Well I found the problem.... apparently I now realized that the driveshaft and the o2 sensor wires don't love each other that much. Nicked some wires shorting the sensor to ground causing the fault. Guess a new o2 sensor is in order. Hope this helps someone who gets the same problem some day.

Awesome. I would use some heat shrink tubing on the new one and zip tie it out of harms way. Glad you found the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Yamahar6311 View Post
    My answer would be that Cobb maps are for Cobb DP'S.
    This is not true. For DP all Cobb specifies is that it is a DP with a high-flow catalytic converter. So as long as you are running a catted DP, the maps will work fine.

Quote Originally Posted by WillSubyWRX View Post
    Well I found the problem.... apparently I now realized that the driveshaft and the o2 sensor wires don't love each other that much. Nicked some wires shorting the sensor to ground causing the fault. Guess a new o2 sensor is in order. Hope this helps someone who gets the same problem some day.
    Glad to see you were able to find the problem and get it fixed.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Quote Originally Posted by WillSubyWRX View Post
    zip tie! you forgot to zip tie!

that sucks but glad it worked out.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast