Equal length vs. Un-equal Length Headers - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on Equal length vs. Un-equal Length Headers within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; There was a big ULH comparison thread on nasioc.. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're running a larger than ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    There was a big ULH comparison thread on nasioc.. I wouldn't worry about it unless you're running a larger than VF turbo. From what I remember, they all spooled slower than stock, some were near equal to stock in top end, and some had decent gains from 5000rpm up. But if you're stage two and are looking for more power turbo upgrade will be the best bang for your buck.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I know a few people who went from UL to EL headers. Some were the same brand and had the same tube diameters. Not one of them wanted to go back, not even the ones that had been fans of the blub-blub sound. A header is a performance modification. Last time I checked, UL were not any cheaper, or longer-lasting than EL headers. If you're more interested in sound than performance, just keep the stock manifolds.
    Happiness isn't just around the corner, it is the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    In stock form, on the street, you will be hard-pressed to find yourself in a situation where the '08+ STI really outshines the '09+ WRX. You need to get into heavy modifications (where the transmission becomes a potential liability), or be pushing the car hard enough to be unsafe on public roadways.
    I agree. I should have clarified.. only meant that the STI is simply a better platform for those that want to mod furiously.

As you said, on the street there is not much difference between the WRX and STI. That's why I chose to save money and buy a WRX for my daily.
    2012 SWP WRX Premium
    35% tint and that's all she wrote

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.