2010 Subaru WRX Premium NEW TURBO
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2010 Subaru WRX Premium NEW TURBO within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have just recently blew the impellar shaft on my stock turbo. I went out and bought an upgrade GT3071R, ...

2010 Subaru WRX Premium NEW TURBO

I have just recently blew the impellar shaft on my stock turbo. I went out and bought an upgrade GT3071R, i have no clue on how to install the new turbo i have called everyone, looked online everywhere, and nothing. I cant seam to get any help so im hopeing u Subu lovers like myself could lend me a hand. There isnt a diagram out there on what needs to be done to install it plz help.

UPGRADES SO FAR

SF ram air intake
    CNT turbo back exhaust
    Full BC racing coilovers
    Cobb accessport
    Turbo X RFL BOV
    The dealership i purchased car from said they installed STI intercooler on it, but i think the just stenciled it and painted red.

PLZ anyone help names Johnny

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Chances are it isn't an sti intercooler, too much work would have to go into it for a dealer to "just do it.". As for the turbo, I have no clue.
    '11 WRX DGM

Quote Originally Posted by Kwrxp View Post
    Chances are it isn't an sti intercooler, too much work would have to go into it for a dealer to "just do it.". As for the turbo, I have no clue.
    I know the dealer didnt, they said the owner before did I figured someone could verify it , I think its stock.

Does it have plastic end tanks? If so its stock. Feel free to post a pic here though.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Does it have plastic end tanks? If so its stock. Feel free to post a pic here though.
    I would but car is currently at buddy's with out turbo in it lol, im going to try and get it together friday was hopeing for some feedback on it.

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    You realize you need a LOT more money in modifications in order to run that turbo, right?
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I thought the wrx and the STI's turbo were quite different for those model years , if it had an "Sti intercooler " shouldn't it have had the "Sti turbo" as well since they wouldnt match up

Also Anubis is correct. You can't just bolt that turbo on with those mods you have.
    2012 DGM 5 DOOR WRX
    Mods: Stage 2+
    "I live my life a twelve year old at a time. For those ten seconds or less, I'm free."
    Official ClubWRX Creeper

Quote Originally Posted by maus View Post
    Also Anubis is correct. You can't just bolt that turbo on with those mods you have.
    The guy at edgeautosport reffered me to this turbo, I might have to get actuator, other then that and tune 2010 should be good, was I fed a line of BS?

Well like I mentioned about the intercooler . If its just a stenciled in STI , the intercooler is not going to work , the wrx turbo on those years don't mate up with sti intercoolers . So your going to need an intercooler to on top of your mods . I don't recall anyone saying anything about a tune either . Just on those two mods your looking at 1200-1500 . 600- 800 on a decent intercooler to run a gt30 and that's for a tmic , 300-500 on a good tune for your setup. The tune being the most important part . Cuz u can get all the best parts in the world for your car . And with a crappy tune it's back to square 1 after u blow your engine . Take it from me I blew 3 engines before I learned the HARD way. Your better off selling the turbo getting a stock turbo and going from there till u read up a Lil more and know what your getting your self into when it comes to modding a subaru . BTW the Sti intercooler of 08+ don't say "Sti" on them either I think the dealer just stenciled it in . Get an oem turbo

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Swt_WRX10 View Post
    The guy at edgeautosport reffered me to this turbo, I might have to get actuator, other then that and tune 2010 should be good, was I fed a line of BS?
    Yes, you were, especially if they were thinking the kind of tune you'd get out of it would be at all streetable. That turbo is going to be spooling much later than your stocker, plus flowing a lot more air. So they will have to limit the maximum boost pressure if you attempt to use stock injectors, fuel pump, and intercooler (questionable if that would even work). You will hate the power delivery with that turbo, guaranteed.

"Edgeautosport" upsold you on a turbo you absolutely don't need, nor have the modifications to support. I'd take it back, get my money back, and look for something that will work without $Texas more in upgrades being needed to properly use it. Preferably from a shop not run by total douchebags. There are gently used stockers up for sale in classified sections all the time. In this case, I think it's you're absolute best option.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Yes, you were, especially if they were thinking the kind of tune you'd get out of it would be at all streetable. That turbo is going to be spooling much later than your stocker, plus flowing a lot more air. So they will have to limit the maximum boost pressure if you attempt to use stock injectors, fuel pump, and intercooler (questionable if that would even work). You will hate the power delivery with that turbo, guaranteed.

"Edgeautosport" upsold you on a turbo you absolutely don't need, nor have the modifications to support. I'd take it back, get my money back, and look for something that will work without $Texas more in upgrades being needed to properly use it. Preferably from a shop not run by total douchebags. There are gently used stockers up for sale in classified sections all the time. In this case, I think it's you're absolute best option.
    Thank you all for the help.Done deal allready talkedvto them to exchange for the stock one and rest of money back so intercooler lol

I Support ClubWRX
    Anytime, it's what we are here for.

Also, I think you could do with some reading up on a few of the stickies. It'll help you from getting taken advantage of again in the future. But feel free to ask any questions here that you may have.
    Cody

Good news, everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by Anub1s View Post
    Anytime, it's what we are here for.

Also, I think you could do with some reading up on a few of the stickies. It'll help you from getting taken advantage of again in the future. But feel free to ask any questions here that you may have.
    Thanks a lot for the help, so I will start with this ? Should I go back to stock or is there a turbo that I can get better then stock but wont destroy anyrhing?

If there was an actual Sti intercooler in there then yea , u can get an Sti turbo , if not then the stock turbo it is

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast