cobb stage 2 for 2013 wrx
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on cobb stage 2 for 2013 wrx within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i have 2013 wrx with 4200 miles and thinking of cobb stage 2 cobb catted downpipe and accessport i have ...

cobb stage 2 for 2013 wrx

i have 2013 wrx with 4200 miles and thinking of cobb stage 2
    cobb catted downpipe and accessport
    i have read so many posts that says invidia is cheaper but i cant find any invidia catted DP for cheap price

also on cobb site 2012-2013 wrx hatch power gain shows
    peak gains maximum gains
    hp tq hp tq
    21.4% 22.9% 30.8% 30.6%

if 30.8% hp and 30.6% tq is true or close to be true then why on dyno torque is always more then hp

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

if you've ever heard of google you can simply type in 2013 wrx invidia downpipe.

Google

you'll find them on multiple sites for around $510. so $90 or so cheaper than the cobb. cobb build quality is amazing. i have no experience with invidia but ive heard they are just as well built as cobb. the cobb dp necks down to a 2.5" connection at the end so you can hook it up to the stock catback no problem. the invidia is full 3" all the way but you might need a grimspeed adaptor if your thinking of hooking it up to the stock catback. its a $45 part so add that to the invidia price if your price shopping. either choice in DP will net you the same hp if your going OTS map anyways so just buy what you feel more comfortable with.

i dont really understand your question about the percentages? i think cobbs picture of the dyno graph is what confused you. 30% of 244 is going to be less than 30% of 265. dont pay to much attention to their "dyno graph" as it doesnt even have any numbers associated with it

I Support ClubWRX
    You should be able to find an Invidia downpipe for cheaper than Cobb. Any retailer that has them priced the same or Invidia more is ripping you off.

Small turbos on the 2.5L will have more torque than HP.

Every car will take a base map differently. You need to log after map installation to make sure your car is taking it properly.

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea
    i dont really understand your question about the percentages? i think cobbs picture of the dyno graph is what confused you. 30% of 244 is going to be less than 30% of 265. dont pay to much attention to their "dyno graph" as it doesnt even have any numbers associated with it
    Maximum gains is the highest delta between Stock / S2
    Peak gains is the difference between peak Stock / S2 power

Cobbs graphs can be "paid attention to". Like I said before, however, every car reacts to a base map like that differently, and you need to log the car to make sure it's taking the map properly. If not, you will not see the gains they show in the graphs.
    Last edited by EJ257; 03-13-2013 at 05:05 PM.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I went with the perrin catted down pipe on my 2011 when I was going stage 2. Great price, easy install, just couldn't use stock heat shield

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Cobbs graphs can be "paid attention to". Like I said before, however, every car reacts to a base map like that differently, and you need to log the car to make sure it's taking the map properly. If not, you will not see the gains they show in the graphs.
    yes they can be "paid attention to" they do look pretty cool with the different colored lines and all. some solid some dotted..its intriguing stuff
    but without numbers they dont really tell you anything except that stage 1 is more powerful than stock and stage 2 is more powerful than stage 1......

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by scolena
    I went with the perrin catted down pipe on my 2011 when I was going stage 2. Great price, easy install, just couldn't use stock heat shield
    You can use the stock heatshield; it just needs to be modified, like every other year. 5-10 minutes with a drill and dremel, and you're all set...

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea
    yes they can be "paid attention to" they do look pretty cool with the different colored lines and all. some solid some dotted..its intriguing stuff
    but without numbers they dont really tell you anything except that stage 1 is more powerful than stock and stage 2 is more powerful than stage 1......
    The exact numbers mean jack! They give the delta, which is the only thing that's important, as well as comparing area under the curve.

UNYSOC

COBB Tuning - Subaru AccessPORT
    30% of 265 hp = 344
    30% of 244 tq = 317

i will just buy cobb DP

Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post
    30% of 265 hp = 344
    30% of 244 tq = 317

i will just buy cobb DP
    If you think you are going to be putting down over 300HP/TQ to the wheels with an OTS map you are dreaming.

Go to the dyno database to get a decent idea of what to expect but understand that those charts are tuned on a dyno not OTS.

Dyno Database
    Last edited by wrx1234; 03-13-2013 at 05:27 PM.
    2009 WRX - Catted DP, Torqued performance stage 2
    2011 Sportwagon TDi
    1970 Chevy Impala Convertible 454

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy
    30% of 265 hp = 344
    30% of 244 tq = 317
    You aren't familiar with reading dyno graphs, which is where the %s are derived from:

You're quoting maximum gains, which means that the torque figure is 30% @ ~3300 RPMs, not peak value. See how there's a dip there in the stock torque curve? Since HP is a calculation based on torque, likely, the maximum difference there is based on the same (or similar) RPM, where you can see a large difference, as well.

The % for peak differences for tq will come in the 3200-3400 RPM range (S2) vs 4100-4200 RPM (Stock). For horsepower, the % difference will come @ 6000 RPMs (S2) vs 6200-6300 RPMs (Stock)

Quote Originally Posted by wrx1234
    If you think you are going to be putting down over 300HP/TQ to the wheels with an OTS map you are dreaming.
    Why would he be thinking that if he's quoting crank values as the baseline?
    Last edited by EJ257; 03-13-2013 at 05:36 PM.

UNYSOC

my question was simple why 30% hp and tq is more tq but not hp on dyno (any dyno) or the cobb 30% of hp and tq is simply wrong 30% of 265 hp should be more then 30% of tq at peak gain
    but now i got it
    its on difrent rpms
    Last edited by rajalucy; 03-13-2013 at 05:41 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy
    my question was simple why 30% hp and tq is more tq but not hp on dyno (any dyno) or the cobb 30% of hp and tq is simply wrong 30% of 265 hp should be more then 30% of tq at peak gain
    I don't think I can explain it any clearer. You're quoting the maximum gains (30%), which is the largest delta over the entire RPM band, then refer to 265 hp, which is a peak value.

Read post #3 and #9 again...

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by rajalucy View Post
    but now i got it
    its on difrent rpms
    ^^ i've read that 10 times, and i still don't understand your question. are you confused about why the torque curves are "higher" on the graph then the hp curves? i don't see cobb quoting any specific #'s for hp and tq, just percentages of what you should generally expect.

crank hp is usually more than crank tq, but, and i don't really know what i'm talking about or have any info to back up this assumption up, i'm assuming that you lose more hp than tq when your talking about at the wheels due to the loss of power in the drive-train. so if they're talking about power at the wheels on the cobb site, or whatever you're quoting, then 30% of the tq at the wheels would be higher than 30% of the hp at the wheels.

TX EJ257
    i understood it.
    wrexxy u r right too. cobb chart is on the wheel and i was thinking it on the crank

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.