Question on which build to go with

This is a discussion on Question on which build to go with within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am sure this has been asked a thousand and one times. I have done some searching talked with different ...

Question on which build to go with

I am sure this has been asked a thousand and one times. I have done some searching talked with different tuners and it seems like an opinion based answer. I have two quotes both from great shops if I need to post I will be glad too. My power goal is 475 500 whp or beyond the car is a 02 bug eye. Before anyone mentions both are building the tranny I know they are glass lol. On shop wants to do a 2.1 stroker the other is a hybrid. Both builds are forged internals both with rotated turbos and ewg. The research I have found says the hybrid build is prone to det my question to you guys is what is the advantages one over the other. I'm not going to use it as a daily but would like the fact of knowing I could if needed to or if the wife and wanted to go on a trip we could. I'm am for the most part new to the Scooby world and I like them and I am by no means a stranger to fast cars. Just new to the imports. Thank you all in advance look forward to all the input. I have asked the same question in nasioc with no help hoping you guys will be able to help me

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The more displacement you have the easier it will be to reach your goal. A 2.5L hybrid isn't any more detonation prone than any other engine if it's done right (combustion chambers should be worked over, deshroud valves, more volume, etc). That said, I hope you're not planning on trying to reach those numbers on pump gas. The size turbo it will take to make that power on 93 without AVCS will mean you're not going to spool till 5000rpm or later. On the 2.1L I wouldn't expect it to have any power till around 5500rpm, then it's time to shift to the next gear. Not very practical IMO. If you have easy access to e85 it's a different story. You could be at 500whp and hit full boost around 4300rpm with the right build (2.5L) on e85. Meth is also an option if e isn't available.

That power level isn't going to be the most reliable, the car will need some degree of work on a monthly basis. You could take it on short trips, but don't be surprised if it needs to be towed home every once in a while.

I Support ClubWRX
    Like Mainframe said,the fuel is by far the limiting factor here. Without knowing more details it kinda hard to steer you in the right direction. If you do the 2.1L stroker I would try and grab an EJ207 block as a base.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Sorry for the long pause lol work sucks here is the build for he 2.5 hybrid

Here is for the stroker