After stage 2 what's next - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on After stage 2 what's next within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I was thinking just some sway bars and be good for a while but once I'm ready again if ...

Well I was thinking just some sway bars and be good for a while but once I'm ready again if probly be willing to put down about a grand. But I'm only really good with bolt-ons lol.
    Ill have to do it all myself
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Swaybars need to be properly matched to the springs you run. Do you plan on staying with stock springs?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Any tech could tell that the downpipe had been altered...
    I agree I'm just saying putting an axleback on doesn't void your WHOLE car warranty, it's part specific but people don't usually know that and it drives me nuts that people just say "it'll void your warranty" and leave it at that when there's waaay more too it. Trying to help, that's all.

I'm not sure. I might get new springs, just don't like that ill have to replace the struts too. Man that's expensive.
    2013 WRX sedan - MODS = pretty much every bolt on besides a bigger turbo.

I went with a PW TMIC and a GS EBCS with a Torqued Performance tune through my AP. The car runs wonderfully - the only remaining item I have to do is a fuel pump. All of this can be done very easily yourself - but keep in mind things can start happening once you get to stage 2+ that you weren't expecting. Stage 2 is (in my opinion) the last stage that is 'reliably simple'.

However, with how often I personally get into boost (never - it seems my car lives its life in vacuum), I kind of wished I had stayed at stage 2 and put the money into the suspension. A lot of it depends on how you drive - the vast majority of my driving lately has been as a "dad".

I think a good tune (either E-tune or custom tune) is not wasted money, and gives enough power for a DD.

front sway bar & endlinks, springs, shifter bushings, steering rack bushings, engine mounts, SS brake/clutch line, brake cylinder brace (not sure if relevant to 2013), fuel pump, injectors, TMIC, upgraded turbo, pro-tune...

there's a lot of directions you could take here. depends on what you're looking for. I did most of the above and they all make noticable differences (though not as noteworthy as going stage 2).

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.