Question on Exhaust/BOV All tips will be much appriciated.
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Question on Exhaust/BOV All tips will be much appriciated. within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I will be shortly getting a WRX anywhere from 02-04. Im really looking forward to the exhaust system work so ...

Question on Exhaust/BOV All tips will be much appriciated.

I will be shortly getting a WRX anywhere from 02-04. Im really looking forward to the exhaust system work so I am thinking about getting an HKS Carbon Ti exhuast. would this be worth it and a good choice? Also I really want to get a BOV. Is there a difference in sound as far as different companies go? Im looking for something loud and if so are there any reccomndations on which companies would be better to go through?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

"The BIG BOV thread" (Where all bov question threads get merged)

I'll just leave that up there.

As far as exhaust goes, the general consensus is to try and hear exhausts in person if possible, videos online and such are a poor gauge. Otherwise, if you are looking for a really loud exhaust (which I am guessing from your requirements for a BOV) I'll let others who have more in person experience with the different exhausts chime in.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Choose your catback based on appearance and sound. There's going to be no discernible performance difference between them, until you get to the point where buying another exhaust isn't a concern with the amount of $$ you've invested.

An aftermarket valve will not be an upgrade on your car, and could quite possibly be a downgrade. You need to consider properly setting up and adjusting the valve, as well as maintenance if you truly want to buy one. Be aware, that most people will at you for it.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks for the link . So I should definitely try to go to some type of meet or event to see how all these exhausts sound an compare them huh? I don't even think there are really any around my area. I have a friend that wants to send me his old BOV from his STI. He also wants to send me his air filter with a few other parts off his STI that he doesn't use anymore so I can put them on my WRX.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Cja1992 View Post
    Thanks for the link . So I should definitely try to go to some type of meet or event to see how all these exhausts sound an compare them huh? I don't even think there are really any around my area. I have a friend that wants to send me his old BOV from his STI. He also wants to send me his air filter with a few other parts off his STI that he doesn't use anymore so I can put them on my WRX.
    How nice for him.

You don't need any of that stuff. You'd not need any of that stuff even if you owned a WRX. See the link posted and also consider the link in my signature. It'll save you time and money.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    If you really need to get a BOV, and the advice people on here isn't going to change your mind, look into "hybrid blow off valves" at a minimum. I don't recommend anything more than a recirculating valve, but again, if you're going to get one against the advice of people here, at least get a hybrid one.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by nopistons93
    If you really need to get a BOV, and the advice people on here isn't going to change your mind, look into "hybrid blow off valves" at a minimum. I don't recommend anything more than a recirculating valve, but again, if you're going to get one against the advice of people here, at least get a hybrid one.
    Meh. If you're not going full recirculation, just go full atmospheric.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.