Thinking about a Cobb Accessport and a catback exhaust

This is a discussion on Thinking about a Cobb Accessport and a catback exhaust within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2010 WRX hatch and the only mods I have are a boost gauge and a K&N drop ...

Thinking about a Cobb Accessport and a catback exhaust

I have a 2010 WRX hatch and the only mods I have are a boost gauge and a K&N drop in air filter. I was thinking about getting a Cobb accessport to hopefully get some more low end power and a catback exhaust to make the car sound a little meaner to match that new power. I read the thread about the difference between the accessport and the open source, so I am fairly confident that the accesport is for me.

I was wondering what opinions anyone can offfer about the ease to use of the Accessport as I am relatively new to modding my car. Also was wondering what the best catback would be sound wise. I was hoping to get an exhaust with a nice rumble to make the car sound a little bit more angry. Any suggestions are greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Stink-Eye Mob #84

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

the acessport is not a bad product, very easy to use. the monitor screens are hard to use if you dont know what youre looking at. must understand how the car works then what all the monitors mean. if you want to just go stage 1 id reccomend getting an etune or protune and you can get the catback to hear a little more rumble. the acessport stage 1 map you will notice a slight difference in power and smoothness (i did) but your butt dyno will not read off the charts. Also i see youre in NY, ive heard some stories about people being pulled over for loud exhaust theres so dont get carried away with the rumble lol. Do you plan on going Stage 2? You can always get the AP and catback then save up for the downpipe then do a simple reflash with the AP and you will notice a nice power difference.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

I forgot to change that, I just moved to Florida. I thought about just buying the Stage 2 kit from Cobb or Perrin, but I wanted to start small. Also i was concerned with going Stage 2 about replacing engine internals and the clutch
    Stink-Eye Mob #84

I Support ClubWRX
    I found a Cobb AP used here on this site. I put 10,000 miles on before flashing to stage 1 93 octane.
    I found the power and smoothness to be just what I was looking for.. for now anyway..
    Rod
    2014 WRX SWP Premium sedan
    Stink-Eye Mob #57
    "Just remember, with great power comes great responsibility" - rarrior

Quote Originally Posted by BeautyofAWD52 View Post
    I forgot to change that, I just moved to Florida. I thought about just buying the Stage 2 kit from Cobb or Perrin, but I wanted to start small. Also i was concerned with going Stage 2 about replacing engine internals and the clutch
    many members have been stage 2 for a long time with no problems. all depends how u drive. ive been stage 2 for maybe around 10-15k on my 2002 and 94k on stock clutch, no slipping yet.

If you plan on going stage 2 but want stg1 tune and catback now id get the AP, then can save for DP and then flash stage 2 then if the tune runs well and youre thinking of more mods can always get sell the AP and get a protune (thats what im doing. on a stg2 AP tune until i pile all the parts i want, install, protune, unmarry and resell AP.) Also if the AP stage 2 tune is not running the best you can always get an etune and resell the AP. Thats what i like about them, can always resell if u dont like it.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by BeautyofAWD52 View Post
    Also i was concerned with going Stage 2 about replacing engine internals and the clutch
    What's your concern?

A 2010 WRX doesn't need anything internal replaced at Stage 2. The stock OEM clutch should handle those power levels from Stage 2 without a problem as well (unless of course if it's already slipping and worn...).
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning