13 wrx stock tune

This is a discussion on 13 wrx stock tune within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey guys, I traded up from my 08 wrx to a new 13 and had heard some bad things about ...

13 wrx stock tune

Hey guys, I traded up from my 08 wrx to a new 13 and had heard some bad things about their stock tune running too lean... anyone experienced problems, or know anything more about this?

Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    It is not as aggressive as an OTS, or off the shelf, tune is(or better yet protune - but not really worth the $$$ until you have some good mods to go with it). A new map could help smooth out the powerband and get you some extra gains. With no mods that is referred to as a "stage 1 tune." A lot of people (including myself) have done this and noticed improvements over stock.

I had my 08 cobb stage 2 tuned and I really liked the gains I saw there as well

just be careful, if you like your warranty do not retune the car.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by subarus View Post
    I had my 08 cobb stage 2 tuned and I really liked the gains I saw there as well

Ah so you are not new to this

On my 13 sti I'm just currently running an accessport and cobbs stg 1 map. It's seriously a night and day difference. Stock it felt like a slow turd.

Sorry it took me a while to respond back, I just saw I missed some notifications from this thread :P. I work at a Subaru dealer that my girlfriends dad owns, so I'm not worried about losing the warranty, but I had a customer come in and tell me how lean the 13 wrxs run when spooling and hitting boost. Ive had the car for a couple months and havent gotten any power mods yet, but was just curious in case anyone had problems at all yet.

I do remember feeling a nice gain from the butt dyno when I went from stock to stage 1, but the biggest gain I felt was easily from stage 1 to stage 2

They are tuned "leaner" than they should be stock technically. Subaru's way of saving a few more MPGs. You won't have any problems with it as tons of stock WRXs out there are running perfectly fine with it. But there is certainly more power and smoothness to be had, even without any mods. A basic Stage 1 tune will really smooth it out and add some more PSIs!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying