2013 modding
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2013 modding within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi guys im new to the subaru family and just wanted some input on modding. I bought a 2013 wrx ...

2013 modding

Hi guys im new to the subaru family and just wanted some input on modding. I bought a 2013 wrx sedan and was wondering what your thoughts are on some first mods.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

2013 modding

What are your plans for the car
    DD ? Track ? A Lil of both ?

Easy power

Cobb accesport + intake (cobb or aem) flash stg 1 .

Same parts above plus down pipe , flash stg 2

A Lil more power,

above mods + intercooler and protune

Another simple mod , kart boy shifter bushings ,

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by v6mx6ls36 View Post
    What are your plans for the car
    DD ? Track ? A Lil of both ?

Easy power

Cobb accesport + intake (cobb or aem) flash stg 1 .

Same parts above plus down pipe , flash stg 2

A Lil more power,

above mods + intercooler and protune

Another simple mod , kart boy shifter bushings ,
    Bickedy Bammm!!! Exactly what I woulda said
    - 2013 Silver WRX Stage 2 Hatch - SPT and Cobb upgrades, Thule Snowboard racks
    - 2012 Dodge Charger R/T
    - 1988 ASC McLaren Mustang

2013 modding

You gotta really decide what your main focus for the car is gonna be , there's plenty of "first" mods . But it's really gonna be on what your goals are for the car

The car is my daily driver. I ordered the cobb short throw shifter the other day but i only have 1000 miles in the car do i need to do the bushings with the sts?

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by autoxshocker View Post
    The car is my daily driver. I ordered the cobb short throw shifter the other day but i only have 1000 miles in the car do i need to do the bushings with the sts?

You don't have to, but I feel the bushings are more of an upgrade feel wise than the sts.

2013 modding

The bushings just remove some of the slop in the shift, is a nice upgrade for not a lot if money ,

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by autoxshocker View Post
    If you are going through the process of installing the STS you might as well do the bushings at the same time.

ok thanks alot. im gonna order the bushings i might as well just do them also

Yeah you'll like the STS but the bushings are where it's at. They change the feel of your shifter in a very good way.

It's also worth mentioning (please excuse me if you're not new to this) that the more you mod the more you affect drivability, reliability, practicality, ...ility...ility ad nauseum. If you change your downpipe you could be faced with remedying an exhaust leak or heat shield rattle. If you replace or remove your intercooler it's possible you'll have to fix a boost leak at some point. A couple people, myself included, even started having 5th gear grind after installing a STS and bushings. Each of these issues individually may be rather rare, but collectively it's fairly common to come across an issue or two with a modified car. But rather than be scared, just be prepared to devote time to your car and make a commitment to be diligent and attentive with your installs and you'll enjoy the hell out of it.

Given that it's your daily driver, I would just flash a stage 1 ECU tune, which you can do with open source and an OBDII cable (cheaper) or a Cobb Accessport (more dummy proof). This will give you noticeable power with almost zero time invested and minimal cost. Once you get used to that, think about switching out the downpipe and going with a stage 2 tune. As always, research every single mod you plan to do till you think you know everything there is to know about it, then start over and do it again. Always make sure you know what you're getting yourself into.

Enjoy!

I'd suggest you take a look at some of the build threads as well on this forum (mines on there, along with my reasoning for what I did). You can get an idea of what people are doing with their car, and what their goals were when they started (and how they changed along the way).

But for a super simple mod that's worth every penny that barely has any headaches associated with it - stage 1.

I've gone to a Torqued Performance Stage 3 map, and I couldn't be happier for my DD. It's honestly a bit too much 99% of the time - but that 1% makes it worth it.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.