what would be the best decision?
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on what would be the best decision? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I have a 2013 Subaru wrx and I am a first time subaru owner. Tax return money will be here ...

I have a 2013 Subaru wrx and I am a first time subaru owner. Tax return money will be here soon and I am stuck with the decision of a cobb air intake and accessport which I assume most will say to get first. Or a N1 street exhaust and a short throw shifter... now I wanna know what you would do and why. I also wanna do some cosmetic mods to make my car unique but I just cant decide what to do.. I want performace.. I want different exhaust and uniqueness

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

You will need a map for the intake or exhaust.

Making the car unique is easiest and cheapest: unlike everyone else, keep it stock. Free.

I'd see which mapping solution I like most if I just had to spend the money, then add exhaust. My first choice would be the money.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    AP and intake, because an exhaust is just a noise maker.
    Greg
    Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

I would say get the access port and the short throw. The intake won't do much for you. But the tune will do ALOT. And the short throw will make it less tedious every time you shift. If you get the intake or exhaust you still have to get the access port. But the biggest gain out of them all is gonna be from the tune its self. Then after u already got it, whenever you buy something else, you already got it

Re: what would be the best decision?

Sorry man, you bought a Subaru. They're everywhere now!

+1/2 of what SD_GR said. But have the illusion of being stock! Downpipe and no catback. WRX's are pretty loud as it is, imo.

Posted from a fone.

CAI + TBE + tune = success

if you dont like the loud sound then

CAI (just cuz it sounds sexy) + DP + tune = quiet success
    Į\_(ツ)_/Į
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Only if you were to get a full TBE (and intake of course) would you need the exhaust. The CBE portion alone does not warrant any sort of a tuning.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes true; when I read "exhaust" I responded in terms of a full exhaust from the turbo to the tip. If you keep your down pipe you won't need to remap.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Ok so I more than likely get accessport with whatever decision I make... but as reguards to the short throw... since I dont know how to install it would I be better off buying one from subaru for 225 $ and let them install or get an aftermarket one... and a question about the n1 street exgaust... does it come with both pipes or one individual pipe since we know the 2013's have dual exhausts..

N1 is a single exit pipe...and obnoxiously loud. Yeah it sounds aggressive and cool for a little, but I personally think it looks like crap and gets old after a very short while.

nobody knows how to install anything when they first start...so you learn. Don't waste more money than you need to by going to the dealer. Look up some instructions and dive in. Get the KB and save a load of cash.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Another option, even if you have only a decent amount of computer sense, would be to get an OpenSource tune from the likes of Torqued Performance. You use your laptop and its only about $250 (85 for the tune and 160 or so for the Tactrix Cable).

I would stay away from the N1. They tend to get annoying quickly, look ricey, and end up in the FS section often.

+1 to the Kartboy short shifter (with bushings). A lot cheaper and great quality. Search Youtube for install instructions. They are there for almost everything
    Zach
    Teh Intern @ WTF Tuning, LLC

2009 WRB Subaru Wrx Sedan: WTF Tuning Stg2
    Stink eye Mob #287
    N.E.R.D. #43252003274489856000 (the total number of configurations of the Rubik cube)
    "It's not turbo-lag, it's foreplay"

why not get taxtrixs cable and save huge money. thats what im doing. buy more with less money lol
    2011 wrx premium sedan spw

AEM CAI and opensource tune... cheaper, and the tunes from TP are better than Cobb's OTS maps
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    AEM CAI and opensource tune... cheaper, and the tunes from TP are better than Cobb's OTS maps
    Hmmmm this intrigues me... so can anyone explain tge differences between the opensource tune and accessport.. pros n cons.. and the differnce from AEM cai and cobb cai... I personally like the cobb intake more but I dont know much about the AEM.. wpuld like to hear from people who own these items

Quote Originally Posted by marz_wrx View Post
    Hmmmm this intrigues me... so can anyone explain tge differences between the opensource tune and accessport.. pros n cons.. and the differnce from AEM cai and cobb cai... I personally like the cobb intake more but I dont know much about the AEM.. wpuld like to hear from people who own these items
    Cobb AP vs OpenECU (Tactrix/Romraider/ECUFlash)
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast