Does heat wrapping the intake hose help?

This is a discussion on Does heat wrapping the intake hose help? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I don't have much money but I'm looking to do stuff to my car that will not necessarily increase performance, ...

Does heat wrapping the intake hose help?

I don't have much money but I'm looking to do stuff to my car that will not necessarily increase performance, but stuff that can be done for inexpensive amounts to help the car run better. I believe I read somewhere that somebody heat-wrapped their intake hose, i'm guessing the part thats blue or black (COBB SF intake) does this help, or no differences?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The Cobb SF intake uses silicone and plastic, and it's very short. So, I don't think there would be much, if any, benefit to doing it. If you're trying to do a couple inexpesive things to avaoid heat soak, I would recommend using DEI reflect-a-gold tape on the under side of your turbo heat shield and the the TMIC end tank on that side. It also wouldn't hurt to do the outside walls of the Cobb SFI air box, if that doesn't bother you aesthetically.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.