Stage 2 parts list... am I missing anything - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Stage 2 parts list... am I missing anything within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Methodical4u Do you know how many times that theory has come up? Of course it would cause ...

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Do you know how many times that theory has come up? Of course it would cause problems, but do you take your WRX out in water deep enough that it can even reach the AEM filter? More than that, I ask ... would you? Water like that would cause rust and a hold other host of problems besides just sucking in water.

OP: This subject has been done to DEATH. I've had mine for almost 12k miles now with NO problems. I just took it out to clean it actually, and there was really nothing even there to clean. I was told by Eric at TP that the AEM produced the most gains based on his tuning, and he has tuned literally thousands of Subarus over the years.
    Yes, it is possible... but it is far from probable.

Even if you go with an SRI that's cool... all i'm saying is don't worry about everything being Cobb, and don't worry about the axleback right now and get a TMIC instead. You will be VERY glad you did.
    Here is a great set-up. It's the same DP, I have, but I didn't buy the entire stealthback. 366.00 shipped and some vendors on here may be willing to beat that price too. Subaru WRX/STI/LGT TurboXS Downpipe Stealthback

By the way, if anyone is wondering or mentions this... I have had NO boost creep issues either.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Do you know how many times that theory has come up? Of course it would cause problems, but do you take your WRX out in water deep enough that it can even reach the AEM filter? More than that, I ask ... would you? Water like that would cause rust and a hold other host of problems besides just sucking in water.

OP: This subject has been done to DEATH. I've had mine for almost 12k miles now with NO problems. I just took it out to clean it actually, and there was really nothing even there to clean. I was told by Eric at TP that the AEM produced the most gains based on his tuning, and he has tuned literally thousands of Subarus over the years.

Even if you go with an SRI that's cool... all i'm saying is don't worry about everything being Cobb, and don't worry about the axleback right now and get a TMIC instead. You will be VERY glad you did.
    Yep. You'd be driving in like 2+ feet of water. Definitely going to ruin a few things... I know I'd never drive anywhere near that.
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

Quote Originally Posted by wrx650 View Post
    Yep. You'd be driving in like 2+ feet of water. Definitely going to ruin a few things... I know I'd never drive anywhere near that.
    By the time your intake was to the point that it would be flooded, the car would likely be floating anyway... but i'd be more worried about getting saltwater in my tranny or anything else that would rust the whole bottom of the car. My sister's old Ford Probe GT got flooded while she was working as a waitress (restaurant was right next to the water in a very low area. Water got into her trans and the entire system had to be replaced, as well as some other parts.
    Last edited by Methodical4u; 02-18-2013 at 12:31 PM.

Ok, well order has been cancelled and will get the AEM instead. What is a TMIC and why do I want it? Just curious not trying to be rude lol.

Here is a great set-up. It's the same DP, I have, but I didn't buy the entire stealthback. 366.00 shipped and some vendors on here may be willing to beat that price too. Subaru WRX/STI/LGT TurboXS Downpipe Stealthback

By the way, if anyone is wondering or mentions this... I have had NO boost creep issues either.
    I am set on COBB for the DP. Thx for the suggestion though

I Support ClubWRX

Stage 2 parts list... am I missing anything

Quote Originally Posted by azsun View Post
    Ok, well order has been cancelled and will get the AEM instead. What is a TMIC and why do I want it? Just curious not trying to be rude lol.

TMIC = top mount intercooler. It cools the compressed air from the turbo. You already have one on the car, but the oem ones aren't the best and you can get more power with an aftermarket one. Just out of curiosity, why the COBB downpipe? There are cheaper ones out there like invidia that are also really good.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Last edited by wrx650; 02-18-2013 at 03:50 PM.
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

That's fine, just trying to save you a little cash you could put toward a fuel pump or something.

TMIC = top mount intercooler. It cools the compressed air from the turbo. You already have one on the car, but the oem ones aren't the best and you can get more power with an aftermarket one. Just out of curiosity, why the COBB downpipe? There are cheaper ones out there like invidia that are also really good.

This, most TMIC's add a nice boost in power on their own (tuned of course) but they also up your engines ability to make more power if you get a bigger turbo later on. Cooler air = more power which is ultimately the reason you want a TMIC.

I Support ClubWRX

Stage 2 parts list... am I missing anything

This, most TMIC's add a nice boost in power on their own (tuned of course) but they also up your engines ability to make more power if you get a bigger turbo later on. Cooler air = more power which is ultimately the reason you want a TMIC.
    Yeah and the stock one apparently has some issues with leaking at higher boost. The ends are plastic.

-Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Gotcha... looks like they're $800+ though, will probably just stick with the DP for now. Do you need a protune for a new TMIC or can the AP handle it? Going with the COBB DP because no one has had problems with them (from what I've seen) and since this is really the first time doing any kinda tuning work, I'd like to go with a well known name (not that Invidia isnt ) but yeah. $95 difference is ok with me for that. Also, the COBB has the taper to 2.5" and meets the mid with no adapter that I think I would need with the Invidia, it's a 3" all the way isn't it?
    That's fine, just trying to save you a little cash you could put toward a fuel pump or something.
    No worries, I appreciate it.
    Ok, I don't think I'll ever go past stage 2, so you think a TMIC would still be helpful if I'm not trying to push over 350hp? IF I did end up going for one, whats a good one?
    Yeah and the stock one apparently has some issues with leaking at higher boost. The ends are plastic.

With just stage 2, shouldn't have any problems?

Last (hopefully) question: Do I need a gasket for where the mid and DP mate?

Revised list...
    COBB DP, AP, AEM CAI, turbo/dp gasket, heatshield (because I don't want to/can't cut the stock one).
    Last edited by azsun; 02-19-2013 at 02:34 AM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Gotcha... looks like they're $800+ though, will probably just stick with the DP for now. Do you need a protune for a new TMIC or can the AP handle it? Going with the COBB DP because no one has had problems with them (from what I've seen) and since this is really the first time doing any kinda tuning work, I'd like to go with a well known name (not that Invidia isnt ) but yeah. $95 difference is ok with me for that. Also, the COBB has the taper to 2.5" and meets the mid with no adapter that I think I would need with the Invidia, it's a 3" all the way isn't it?

No worries, I appreciate it.

Ok, I don't think I'll ever go past stage 2, so you think a TMIC would still be helpful if I'm not trying to push over 350hp? IF I did end up going for one, whats a good one?

With just stage 2, shouldn't have any problems?

Last (hopefully) question: Do I need a gasket for where the mid and DP mate?

Revised list...
    COBB DP, AP, AEM CAI, turbo/dp gasket, heatshield (because I don't want to/can't cut the stock one).
    It should be fine with stage 2. My downpipe came with a gasket. I would check to see if the COBB ones does. I would assume it does.
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

It should be fine with stage 2. My downpipe came with a gasket. I would check to see if the COBB ones does. I would assume it does.
    gasket for the DP/mid or turbo/dp?

Good news, everyone! xxxxxxxAnub1s's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    gasket for the DP/mid or turbo/dp?
    I'm not sure if they come with both, but you will need both. I would consult with the people you plan on purchasing from just to make sure.
    Cody
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #727 N.E.R.D #255.255.255.0

Your nighttime volunteer of near-useless information.
    Good news, everyone!

I Support ClubWRX
    DP to midpipe. I bought a turbo to downpipe gasket at the dealer.
    -Noah

Stink-Eye Mob #91

this is almost the same list I had for my 03 wrx. I love my cobb intake with box, it just looks clean as hell. I will second the issues with buying an axle back rather than a cat back, that could get messy unless you buy a mid pipe.

I also use the cobb maps and don't mind them. They do their job well.

Alright, this one?
    Subaru OEM Donut Gasket Subaru Turbo Models at RallySportDirect.com

Quote Originally Posted by Phobic View Post
    this is almost the same list I had for my 03 wrx. I love my cobb intake with box, it just looks clean as hell. I will second the issues with buying an axle back rather than a cat back, that could get messy unless you buy a mid pipe.

I also use the cobb maps and don't mind them. They do their job well.
    Awesome! That's what I wanted to hear Although, am going with the AEM intake instead, the box does look great from the pics I've seen

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast