For those with the AEM CAI...

This is a discussion on For those with the AEM CAI... within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The intake is a great piece and i'm happy with it overall, but it is a real bi*ch to get ...

For those with the AEM CAI...

The intake is a great piece and i'm happy with it overall, but it is a real bi*ch to get out and back in to clean the filter. It hits everything and almost doesn't fit, you really have to move it around to try to find the right spot to make it fit.

Do you all take it out the top like you installed it too, or am I missing something?
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

blast it with piss

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    The intake is a great piece and i'm happy with it overall, but it is a real bi*ch to get out and back in to clean the filter. It hits everything and almost doesn't fit, you really have to move it around to try to find the right spot to make it fit.

Do you all take it out the top like you installed it too, or am I missing something?
    I had the same issues, and even damaged my first filter wrangling with it, but at some point I figured out a pretty easy way to do it. At the moment it escapes me. I'd have to go out and tinker with it to try and remember. If I get bored I'll figure it out and post a video.

when ya get it out how did ya plan on cleaning it?

when i was young my dad taught me how to clean foam airfilters for my dirtbikes in gasoline, no gloves, let em dry then oil em...looking back i dont think that was the safest thing to be doing.. but guess youre cleaning with water then applying the filter oil? how many miles are on the filter?
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram