electronic ebcs stage 2
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on electronic ebcs stage 2 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; is an aftermarket ebcs needed at stage 2 . also i will be tuning with a tq performance map and ...

electronic ebcs stage 2

is an aftermarket ebcs needed at stage 2 . also i will be tuning with a tq performance map and tactrixs cable. can the ebcs be tuned with those maps (not a protune)
    2011 wrx premium sedan spw

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Needed? No. Can it be useful? Sure.

As for whether or not Eric will tune the car for an EBCS, that's up to him to answer, if he doesn't have a map available for purchase on his site.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Needed? No. Can it be useful? Sure.

As for whether or not Eric will tune the car for an EBCS, that's up to him to answer, if he doesn't have a map available for purchase on his site.
    I've spoken with Eric on this and he says he will for 50$ or 80$.

thats great news. just need to descide if its worth it. are the stockers subject to fail at stage 2 boost levels?

Re: electronic ebcs stage 2

Its not that they'll fail. Its that you'll spool a bit faster with an ebcs. And from what I've read... more precise with a good tune.

Posted from a fone.

my car will be a DD olny. now track use at all. just justifying it for street use. unless its overkill for my intent.

Quote Originally Posted by svtfever View Post
    my car will be a DD olny. now track use at all. just justifying it for street use. unless its overkill for my intent.
    Some say it's a great setup. I don't disagree...but you got to look at whether or not you really need it for the money or not. Are you planning on staying just at Stage 2? Or are you planning on perhaps a TMIC upgrade, intake, injectors, fuel pump, etc. to supplement Stage 2 in the future?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

i plan to stay stage 2 only but have intake already waiting to go on and at some point might do a better tmic in the long future and i have a catted downpipe waiting to go on.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by svtfever
    i plan to stay stage 2 only but have intake already waiting to go on and at some point might do a better tmic in the long future and i have a catted downpipe waiting to go on.
    I would say don't bother with the EBCS / additional tuning fee at S2. When you decide to throw the TMIC on and you'll be able to push the boost a bit, and will require a retune anyway, then go for it.

UNYSOC

sounds like a solid idea

well i was tp stage 2(cobb dp, k&N intake, nameless axleback) and just went tp stage 3 with the ebc and also timc. its a way more of a difference than i exspected. needless to say that adding a timc and more boost is a major factor but i can feel the car spool much quicker and is more consistent thanks to the ebc. for the 60 bucks or whatever it is for the tune its not a bad mod imo.
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmarex12
    well i was tp stage 2(cobb dp, k&N intake, nameless axleback) and just went tp stage 3 with the ebc and also timc. its a way more of a difference than i exspected. needless to say that adding a timc and more boost is a major factor but i can feel the car spool much quicker and is more consistent thanks to the ebc. for the 60 bucks or whatever it is for the tune its not a bad mod imo.
    The quicker spool was more due to the better TMIC than the EBCS

UNYSOC

good to know
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.