Cobb Stage 2 OTS w/o CBE?

This is a discussion on Cobb Stage 2 OTS w/o CBE? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I have a 2011 WRX running Cobb's OTS stage 1 91 + SF map. I really want to reach ...

Cobb Stage 2 OTS w/o CBE?

So I have a 2011 WRX running Cobb's OTS stage 1 91 + SF map. I really want to reach stage 2 levels before starting on suspension stuff. Anyways I am wondering if I get a catted Invidia DP, if it is safe to run the OTS stage 2 map from Cobb. In the notes it says you need a full turbo-back exhaust but I have seen people say CBEs change hardly anything except for sound. This being said, would a DP add more of that lovely subie rumble and would it be safe to run with the OTS stage 2 map. BTW I would plan on getting the Q300 around June.
    - 2011 WRB WRX Premium Hatch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

The map notes are there for a reason. They didn't always say full tbe iirc, so something made Cobb change it. I'd suggest contacting them.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by briancox33 View Post
    So I have a 2011 WRX running Cobb's OTS stage 1 91 + SF map. I really want to reach stage 2 levels before starting on suspension stuff. Anyways I am wondering if I get a catted Invidia DP, if it is safe to run the OTS stage 2 map from Cobb. In the notes it says you need a full turbo-back exhaust but I have seen people say CBEs change hardly anything except for sound. This being said, would a DP add more of that lovely subie rumble and would it be safe to run with the OTS stage 2 map. BTW I would plan on getting the Q300 around June.
    A downpipe alone isn't really going to change your sound. I am pretty sure the stage 2 only requires the downpipe (catted in COBB maps), but as has been suggested, you might just contact COBB and ask. I asked them a question and they got back to me very quickly. Pretty good customer service.

Good luck!

I'm willing to bet that it's now a marketing ploy to get people to buy a full TBE instead of just the downpipe...why not try and irk another $600-$1000 from people, right?
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying