CARB Legal in California - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on CARB Legal in California within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by Mikie13 AEM CAI have been known to actually add some decent power gains with a proper tune ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    AEM CAI have been known to actually add some decent power gains with a proper tune on the GRs where as intakes don't do squat for our GD models.
    Any VF+ Subaru will see worthwhile gains from an intake with proper tuning.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    Why AEM CAI? The stock system is a cold air by design. If you buy one, make sure to get the Air bypass Valve.
    I like it based on experience. It's not as loud compared to short ram like Injen or Cobb.
    2012 WRX PPB sedan
    Foglights installed, Arm-rest extension installed. Upgrades: Eiback F/R sway bar, Kartboy endlinks F/R, Cusco lower chassis brace, COBB AP stage 1 map.

I Support ClubWRX

CARB Legal in California

Quote Originally Posted by Mr2012WRX View Post
    I like it based on experience. It's not as loud compared to short ram like Injen or Cobb.
    Well you were worried about "legal". For the minimal performance gain, it attracts a lot of attention to people who don't know exactly what they are looking at...like your stereotypical beat cop. I'd rather he popped the hood and was underwhelmed and didn't give me a ticket for modifications....or dig any further.

That coupled with the inherent danger of a CAI in wet weather, steer me away from options like the AEM.
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123