ebay exhaust
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on ebay exhaust within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; anyone have any experiance with this for a 2011 sedan. looks legit B&T Auto llc Subaru WRX Sedan Performance Cat ...

ebay exhaust

anyone have any experiance with this for a 2011 sedan. looks legit

B&T Auto llc

Subaru WRX Sedan Performance Cat Back Exhaust Dual Tip Stainless 08 2012 | eBay
    2011 wrx premium sedan spw

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

$700 for a Chinese eBay exhaust? They claim its an invidia but how do you really know? You can buy a REAL magnaflow for that price. Or get a REAL invidia q300 with the quad tips for about $200 more. Plus it'll look lame on your 2011 with the single tips on each side.

My advice?

Save an extra $200 and get the q300 that was designed for the 2011+ wrx

ebay exhaust

I thought Invidia was a Chinese knock off.

save your money in general and don't even worry about the exhaust... it nets almost zero gains and it's a lot of money that you could use to go all the way to stage 2 IMO anyway.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

right now i have like 3 months left in afganistan. as soon as i get home im going stage 2 right off the bat. parts are all sitting in my garage. ive only driven the car for about 2 days before i left. i traded my 2012 boss mustang for it. having a 2011 wrx premium spw with 7k miles on it beats the crap out of a 713 mustang payment. plus i can put car seats in the wrx if needed. but when i got the car and drove it for 2 days. the one thing i could not stand was the shifter. so all those parts are waiting at home too. but i felt if the car was closer to 300 wheel horsepower, id be more happy wwith the car. so far i have a cobb intake, catted DP and tactrixs cable waiting at home aswell.

i know there are no gains from a cbe. with just adding the downpipe add volume to the stock exhaust?

Quote Originally Posted by svtfever View Post
    right now i have like 3 months left in afganistan. as soon as i get home im going stage 2 right off the bat. parts are all sitting in my garage. ive only driven the car for about 2 days before i left. i traded my 2012 boss mustang for it. having a 2011 wrx premium spw with 7k miles on it beats the crap out of a 713 mustang payment. plus i can put car seats in the wrx if needed. but when i got the car and drove it for 2 days. the one thing i could not stand was the shifter. so all those parts are waiting at home too. but i felt if the car was closer to 300 wheel horsepower, id be more happy wwith the car. so far i have a cobb intake, catted DP and tactrixs cable waiting at home aswell.

i know there are no gains from a cbe. with just adding the downpipe add volume to the stock exhaust?
    Maybe some DP's do... I didn't notice much, or anything at all from mine. I bought the TurboXS one.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Maybe some DP's do... I didn't notice much, or anything at all from mine. I bought the TurboXS one.
    yeah you won't see much change in the noise volume on your exhaust as long as you have the stock mufflers on there.

just found these. i cant see spending 1000 on catback for no gain, but might justify a few hundred for some sound

2011+ STi/WRX Sedan Quad Tip AxleBack Muffler Replacement w/ 5" Mufflers - Nameless Performance

I Support ClubWRX
    i would go with a reputable brand
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

is nameless not reputable?

I Support ClubWRX
    I've heard good things about nameless, invidia, turboxs, perrin, etc, etc...It really boils down to the sounds you are looking for, which is hard to judge unless you hear it in person on the same car you drive. Youtube can give you a general idea, but definitely not like in person. If I were you I would save my money until I was back in the states and could hear some exhausts in person. That way you don't end up buying/selling because you find you don't like the exhaust notes.

Save your money and get a TBE, that's what I will be doing

TBE + CAI+ Tune.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackSTi View Post
    yeah you won't see much change in the noise volume on your exhaust as long as you have the stock mufflers on there.

I've had the opposite experience. Back in 2002 I went catless TBE with the stock muffler and my car was instantly twice as loud and much more gurgly.. fast forward 11 years and I'm running ELH and straight through exhaust with a stock 2004 STi muffler and everyone comments on how loud my car is..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    I've had the opposite experience. Back in 2002 I went catless TBE with the stock muffler and my car was instantly twice as loud and much more gurgly.. fast forward 11 years and I'm running ELH and straight through exhaust with a stock 2004 STi muffler and everyone comments on how loud my car is..
    That is interesting...I would think that with stock mufflers you wouldn't notice too drastic of a chance, as that is where the packing material resides that is supposed to "muffle" the exhaust sound. Although I will take your word for it since you experienced this two times!

On a side note, I often times get comments on how loud my car is as well, and my exhaust system is completely stock!

i really dont want the car too loud. i know the spt is alittle louder than stock but if i can save money going with something else i will. but if catbacks dont offer any gain, whats the upside to changing out mid pips aswell as opposed to just going axleback. i already have catted downpipe and cobb intake sitting at home waiting on me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast