ebay exhaust - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on ebay exhaust within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by svtfever i really dont want the car too loud. i know the spt is alittle louder than ...

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by svtfever View Post
    i really dont want the car too loud. i know the spt is alittle louder than stock but if i can save money going with something else i will. but if catbacks dont offer any gain, whats the upside to changing out mid pips aswell as opposed to just going axleback. i already have catted downpipe and cobb intake sitting at home waiting on me.
    You've already addressed the biggest bottleneck in the exhaust if you got a high flow downpipe. I am not positive and someone will correct me if I am wrong, but I think the stock midpipe is only 2.5 inches, so the advantage to going cat back as opposed to axle back would be that you would have 3 inch exhaust all the way through as opposed to 3 inch to 2.5 to 3 inch.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

but if there are no gains from a 3inch mid/ catback. why not just keep the 2.5. just trying to figure this out.
    2011 wrx premium sedan spw

but if there are no gains from a 3inch mid/ catback. why not just keep the 2.5. just trying to figure this out.
    that's what i'm running. same stuff you got: Cobb Intake + Box, Cobb Catted Down Pipe, Cobb AP w/ Protune. i just grabbed the greddy SP Elite exhaust used and it should be here friday. i previously had the Q300 and it was way too loud.

if i didn't find that Greddy, i would have gotten the SPT Exhaust for a little more rumble.

but yes, you can run the DP with the OEM Catback just fine. i thought about just getting an axle back but it's GO BIG OR STAY HOME. ROFL. it's all about individual preference.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

so you had q300 and it was too loud. was it the dual tip exhaust? i want to have some sound but not to loud. i have kids and stuff and want to hear the cobb intake over the exhaust

i have a hatch, so it was quad tip, and the hatches do drone more than the sedans...

i have kids as well, they didn't seem to mind it. but i drive my car to meetings and such... 35 y/o, can't be pulling up all Riced out with that Exhaust. for the Hatch, it was really loud.

i hooked up with a local member and who was running Stage 2 with the SPT exhaust on his STi hatch, it sounded perfect. the SP Elite is allegedly more quiet than the SPT, but with a different tone. i got it pretty cheap so i could flip it if i don't like it and just get the SPT.

**again, I have a hatch so they sound totally different**. Just my opinion, go stage 2, don't worry about a cat-back until you can meet up with someone in person and hear a bunch of different ones.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

I Support ClubWRX
    It is really just sound at this stage of the game. You would probably see slight gains with a proper tune from a full 3" system, but it would be negligable (compared to just downpipe).

Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea View Post
    $700 for a Chinese eBay exhaust? They claim its an invidia but how do you really know? You can buy a REAL magnaflow for that price. Or get a REAL invidia q300 with the quad tips for about $200 more. Plus it'll look lame on your 2011 with the single tips on each side.

My advice?

Save an extra $200 and get the q300 that was designed for the 2011+ wrx
    Umm...if that's a picture of the actual exhaust, it looks to be an actual Invidia. Look at the sticker on the resonator, and look at the little welded plate on the Y-pipe. That is an Invidia name plate. A Chinese knockoff company isn't going to spend the time/money/effort to do those. It would seriously slow the cheap mass production part of it, which is the complete opposite of what Chinese knockoffs try to do in the first place. Plus, they wouldn't sell it for $700...because every OTHER Chinese knockoff company is selling their non-legit items for $400-500 lower than THAT. [/Logical Deduction]

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPizza View Post
    I thought Invidia was a Chinese knock off.
    Ummmm...No. They are one of the higher quality more known legitimate, Japanese companies around.

Most people who go for a CBE, usually do end up mating it to a 3in downpipe...plus, manufacturing of multiple sizes just increases costs for exhaust companies.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    Save your money and get a TBE, that's what I will be doing

TBE + CAI+ Tune.
    save your money and just buy a DP.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    save your money and just buy a DP.

Why? Just curious to hear your opinion
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

Quote Originally Posted by kprugbyplaya View Post
    Why? Just curious to hear your opinion
    If you don't care about the sound, no need to waste money on a full TBE. Just get the DP (and tune for it) since that's the only part that will have anything to do with performance. $350-400 for a DP < $1500 for a TBE
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    If you don't care about the sound, no need to waste money on a full TBE. Just get the DP (and tune for it) since that's the only part that will have anything to do with performance. $350-400 for a DP < $1500 for a TBE
    I do care about the sound ^_^

I know I'm def in for the DP and CAI. Depending on how much money I have, I may just get the TBE and CAI, but if funds are kind of tight, ill just end up getting the DP + tune and then slowly work my way to a CAI and then in the near future just get CBE

But we will see. I want to win the lottery. I would give you a share Mikie =]
    ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
    Kunal - Ordered 2015 DGM WRX
    Photographer | Dancer | Tech Nerd | The Stink-Eye Mob #7
    First Mods: What and what not to do
    2011+ Big Mod Thread
    How to Buy a Used WRX or STI
    Complete USED WRX Buying Checklist

does anyone actually have experiance with the nameless 4 inch or 5 inch muffled AB

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX

There are gains to be had, but it's not going to be enough to worry about as long as you're still running a stockish sized turbo.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12