Anybody try a phenolic thermal spacer?

This is a discussion on Anybody try a phenolic thermal spacer? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've tried searching for it on here cause I though for sure somebody would have had one before. But I ...

I've tried searching for it on here cause I though for sure somebody would have had one before. But I guess I just suck at using the search function.... It's not exactly google lol. Anyways, I don't have any current mods except the SPT catback and short throw, I was wondering if its worth buying and if I would need a tune just for this. If so ill wait till I get the down pipe and access port...... Thx

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Not worth it at your mod level. Especially if you have to pay for installation. No you would not need a tune for it.

Only gonna be worth it if your pulling the intake mani off to do say TGV deletes. Other then that it's a pita to pull off the mani for something that's not really gonna give u a noticeable power

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I have them (8mm). If you're already removing the intake manifold then you might as well throw them on. While my engine was apart (one of the times) I went ahead and had the intake manifold ported, TGV deletes, and phenolic spacers installed. Car made better power off boost, and fuel consumption went down.