Perrin turboback dual tip vs invidia n1 w/ downpipe
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Perrin turboback dual tip vs invidia n1 w/ downpipe within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey everyone im new to the forum and just baught my first subaru 2011 sti. Sorry if this is in ...

Hey everyone im new to the forum and just baught my first subaru 2011 sti. Sorry if this is in the wrong section still tryin to learn the forum and dont want to piss anyone off! Well i just baught the car and am looking into an exhaust. Really interested in the perrin turboback orgoin the invidia n1 route with the downpipe. Im open to any suggestions and opinions so if anyone could help me out id really appreciate it! Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Which have you heard in person?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Quote Originally Posted by EJ257 View Post
    Which have you heard in person?
    Ive heard the n1 but never the perrin!

N1 sucks...loud as ****, drones like crazy, and looks like a straight pipe. I mean it sounds good for awhile, but gets old QUICK.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning

What exhaust do you recommend? My 2011 WRX came with SPT, but my STI hatch is now stock. I have heard a lot of people talk about Invidia q300, but i jave never heard it. Can any exhaust pair with a catted downpipe for an AP tune?
    Yellow lights mean go faster!!!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by twister8008
    What exhaust do you recommend?
    My advice is to hear exhausts in person. Internet videos will not accurately portray the sound due to compression, conversion, and differing filming equipment. If that's you're only option, just be aware of that when listening.

My 2011 WRX came with SPT, but my STI hatch is now stock. I have heard a lot of people talk about Invidia q300, but i jave never heard it.
    Hatch owners tend to report a good amount of drone with the Q300, where sedan owners don't seem to have that problem.

Can any exhaust pair with a catted downpipe for an AP tune?
    Yes.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    i have had a catless n1 race exhaust for months now and i love it, sounds fantastic. it is loud and drones like crazy but i prefer this to the stock exhaust anyday
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

Lets see.
    Perrin is really loud, like any turbo back will be(except maybe the q300 catback)
    And the n1 is....how does one put it? Its Obnoxiously loud. If you buy it. Good luck

I have the perrin cbe on my sedan. I dont think it has any drone imo. Will go full perrin tbe after taxes.

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    N1 sucks...loud as ****, drones like crazy, and looks like a straight pipe. I mean it sounds good for awhile, but gets old QUICK.
    I think I'm the only person that doesn't think the n1 is super duper loud. I think it's maybe a 6-7 on a scale of loudness from 1 to 10 and it drones a lot less than my previous exhaust.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.