COBB SF intake - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on COBB SF intake within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by gregroot198521 Then buy mine. I've had so many nibbles, but no bites, it'd be a miracle if ...

Quote Originally Posted by gregroot198521 View Post
    Then buy mine. I've had so many nibbles, but no bites, it'd be a miracle if someone did.

How much??

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The NE USA is so packed full of tuners, it's unfair to the rest of the states

I would recommend against going to to CBRD. Not just recommend other shops, but yeah...
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

COBB SF intake

Quote Originally Posted by mcgrewcasey View Post
    How much??
    Check my FS thread, I think this isn't the proper part of the forums.
    Hawkeye Alliance #1050
    Build Thread
    http://i1108.photobucket.com/albums/...ps665d9b9d.jpg
    Always dirty, never scurred......

EFI was also another option I was looking into. So far this is the shop I've heard the best stuff about, although I did hear that at the end of the summer they lost one of their best tuners/owner in a horrible accident (RIP Chris, everyone who knew you have great things to say).

I guess its really about speaking to the shops now and letting them know what I'm interested in doing. (the car is a 2011 STi sedan. Currently has invidia downpipe, cobb SF intake, nameless performance muffler delete, and a cobb OTS stage 2 +SF intake map. I'm really looking to get a little bit more power, but I don't want a tune thats getting every little bit out of the car and doing damage, I need a very conservative tune that will give the car longevity.) Any help would be great! thank you

I Support ClubWRX

COBB SF intake

Do you guys have the box too? I've heard your more prone to heat soak if its not used. Thoughts? I could pick one up without the box for cheap.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by free2be4ever7 View Post
    Do you guys have the box too? I've heard your more prone to heat soak if its not used. Thoughts? I could pick one up without the box for cheap.
    There is a reason why they designed the intake to work with the box. If I were getting that intake I would get the box too.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes I would say get the box
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

When you do the install you will notice, the box sort of blocks the area the intake sits from the warm engine parts, the only open area's in the box are the bottom, leading down to infront of the front tire, in the passenger side bumper area, and from the front grill where that plastic piece guides the air to the air box, the box really closes the air box off from the rest of the engine bay, so yes I would suggest the box, strongly. Without the box I could see the Intake Temp being not much cooler then the stock intake.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike193 View Post
    I'm happy I made the purchase. I just got back from a road trip to vermont, on the way there I had the gauge for Intake Temp up on the accessport for a little bit, and I remember It was only about 4-5 degrees more then what the temp outside was. If I can recall correctly the stock intake was about 10-20 degrees over outside temp.
    oh i know its not as drastic an increase as some stock box lovers will lead you to believe. my buddy has the cobb sri on his bugeye, and even here in vegas summer heat his intake temps are barely 5-8 degrees higher than with his stock box

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by EndlessSea
    oh i know its not as drastic an increase as some stock box lovers will lead you to believe. my buddy has the cobb sri on his bugeye, and even here in vegas summer heat his intake temps are barely 5-8 degrees higher than with his stock box
    At speed or sitting at a light idling for 2 minutes?
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

You can get the box and also heat wrap the pipe.
    Marky Mark
    2002 Stage 2.3 PSM Bugeye tuned by Matty at WTFtuning
    Bugeye Mafia #397, High Mileage Club, WTF Tuning Intern
    My bugeye build
    MinoskePhotography
    First Mods and other useful info!
    GM EBCS/ Hallman MBC Hybrid boost setup diagram

Quote Originally Posted by Ruh Roh View Post
    You can get the box and also heat wrap the pipe.
    heat wrap what pipe? the blue or black one that comes with the intake??

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.