How much boost will the 11's - 13's turbo efficiently produce? - Page 4
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

This is a discussion on How much boost will the 11's - 13's turbo efficiently produce? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I always use wire over wrap, in conjunction with stainless ties. Wrap the wire in a mesh pattern twisting around ...

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I always use wire over wrap, in conjunction with stainless ties. Wrap the wire in a mesh pattern twisting around itself.. keeps the wrap in place quite well.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Heide264 View Post
    I'd be surprised if you aren't already having boost creep issues. If you are considering a turbo down the road, that should cover the boost creep issue. If not, I'd look towards an EWG setup.

Can't multi-quote across pages... one sec.
    Not in all of the logs i've sent to Eric at TP he has never mentioned it. My boost peaked at 20.2 lbs on the last 3-4 logs with the other ones being even lower. I don't have the entire exhaust for that reason though. Everything that i've read said that the full TBE would be more likely to cause the problem. Another reason I didn't go with the TBE among several other reasons.
    2012 WRX: TurboXS DP, AEM CAI, TP stage 2 tune

These are some of the issues I have seen with the wrap which is what I had mentioned earlier. Perhaps there are specific reasons as to why these had problems though...

http://members.trainorders.com/andro...atWrapRust.jpg

http://www.xtremethings.com/Images/H...p_Very-Bad.jpg

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Methodical4u View Post
    Not in all of the logs i've sent to Eric at TP he has never mentioned it. My boost peaked at 20.2 lbs on the last 3-4 logs with the other ones being even lower. I don't have the entire exhaust for that reason though. Everything that i've read said that the full TBE would be more likely to cause the problem. Another reason I didn't go with the TBE among several other reasons.
    You'll most likely see it in the form of inconsistent boost control (surges/spikes/dips) and when its cooler out towards 5k+. Not the end of the world really as long as you are happy with the power band and you aren't knocking. Boost spikes and surges annoy the snat outta me. If you ever want to check, you can always make your own log and do some plots in excel.

These are some of the issues I have seen with the wrap which is what I had mentioned earlier. Perhaps there are specific reasons as to why these had problems though...
    Even without wrap headers have a chance of cracking. On a turbocharged car, those things get HOT. This is why the better headers are made out of 321 stainless. Whether the wrap accelerated that, who knows. Even stock headers have been known to crack before though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Yeah, I know... and this is a few cases out of thousands i'm sure. There are probably many other variables that would contribute to this problem as well.

Perrin at least does have the lifetime warranty on theirs. Are they true to their word? I don't know, as i've not done any business with them in the past aside from a BOV I had for my Evo years ago, which was a great piece, but the port on it was to short, that's all I recall about it as far as problems go.

I don't know if their warranty would cover any sort of ceramic coating or wrap though.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, I know... and this is a few cases out of thousands i'm sure. There are probably many other variables that would contribute to this problem as well.

Perrin at least does have the lifetime warranty on theirs. Are they true to their word? I don't know, as i've not done any business with them in the past aside from a BOV I had for my Evo years ago, which was a great piece, but the port on it was to short, that's all I recall about it as far as problems go.

I don't know if their warranty would cover any sort of ceramic coating or wrap though.
    Most header warranties go out the door when wrapped/sprayed, just a warning. Supposedly Perrin has fixed up their header pretty nicely, however.

If you are looking for an ELH, I would go with the invidia one like I did if you are looking to stay on the lower end of the price range, go EWG, or keep your up-pipe flange. If you are looking for one that is going to last a life time, no questions asked, (and support slightly higher numbers) go KillerB.
    Quote Originally Posted by Trainrex
    He was throwing balloons filled with sulfuric acid and shrapnel at the swat team. They finally had to take him down with rubber bullets.
    2011 STi Build Log
    -Part 1 - Reading, Data Logging, and Analyzing Data
    -Part 2 - Turbocharger 101 & Basic Boost Control
    -Part 3 - EcuFlash, Experimental Defintions, and a Drive By Wire Intro

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234