SPT Exhaust to quiet!
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on SPT Exhaust to quiet! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Made a big mistake in buying SPT. I love the exhaust when it comes to performance, but the sound is ...

SPT Exhaust to quiet!

Made a big mistake in buying SPT. I love the exhaust when it comes to performance, but the sound is NOT what I was looking for. Typical mistake in buying something without knowing anything about it. Any help on getting that subaru rumble I love?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: SPT Exhaust to quiet!

DP and a stage2 tune should get the rumble back..... Also, IF u want to, sell your SPT CBE and try another vendor
    Last edited by jsBLwrx; 01-27-2013 at 06:14 PM.

what kind of dp would u think man. thank you tho that helps alot.

Re: SPT Exhaust to quiet!

I'm on stage2 with the Invidia CATTED DP and a Cobb SF ram intake and Cobb's slwg ots map

I used to run the SPT CBE but recently switched to the q300 by Invidia

The SPT was ok but i wanted a little more. The q300 tends to drone more below 2500rpm but it is awesome when boosting and any other cruising rpm range

2013 WRX sedan here :beer:

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Fish View Post
    Made a big mistake in buying SPT. I love the exhaust when it comes to performance, but the sound is NOT what I was looking for. Typical mistake in buying something without knowing anything about it. Any help on getting that subaru rumble I love?
    Is it on a hatch or sedan? Did you hear the stock exhaust before you had it fitted or was it on from new? I'm considering one of these for my sedan as I want something just a little louder then stock.

Quote Originally Posted by Soobvirgin View Post
    Is it on a hatch or sedan? Did you hear the stock exhaust before you had it fitted or was it on from new? I'm considering one of these for my sedan as I want something just a little louder then stock.
    I think the SPT has a great over all sound. Not too loud. certainly not quiet though.

the SPT CBE is plenty loud for me...i actually feel that it's a little obnoxiously loud. I have the hatch so i hear it even more.

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Catbacks do not improve performance by any meaningful margin at stock power level.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by NicJitsu View Post
    I think the SPT has a great over all sound. Not too loud. certainly not quiet though.
    I very much agree with you. I wanted a louder exhaust, but not one that was obnoxious. Its a wrx after, I don't need a rumbling exhaust to feel like its a quick car.
    '11 WRX DGM

Its a sedan! Also i did hear the exhaust before hand. It is a difference no doubt. I also have a turbosmart BOV on it so its got that nice pop after each shift. I was just looking for something more balls out. Haha. I really want to keep the spt because it is a clean sound. But it dims the subaru boxer sound more than i would like it to.

I Support ClubWRX

SPT Exhaust to quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by Nick_Fish View Post
    Its a sedan! Also i did hear the exhaust before hand. It is a difference no doubt. I also have a turbosmart BOV on it so its got that nice pop after each shift. I was just looking for something more balls out. Haha. I really want to keep the spt because it is a clean sound. But it dims the subaru boxer sound more than i would like it to.
    +1 on the downpipe. I have an spt exhaust, invidia catted dp, and aem cai. It sounds pretty good. Check YouTube for a sound clip of the spt with a downpipe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Im running an invidia catless exhaust and an n1 race. you can hear the rumble with that
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    Im running an invidia catless exhaust and an n1 race. you can hear the rumble with that
    From 1000 miles away.
    2015 CWP WRX STi on order ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax' Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    The REAL 'WTF Tuning?!' Progenitor
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero | Blobeye Synd. #Tree-Fiddy
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

I Support ClubWRX

SPT Exhaust to quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by 11blackwrx View Post
    You most definitely can hear it. Your exhaust was loud when I heard it this weekend lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

i wish you had a hatch.

i have a Cobb SF Intake + Box, Cobb Catted DP and made a mistake. i got the Q300 and it was eFing LOUD!

i'm actually getting the SPT in the spring if i can't find someone with a Greddy SP Elite to hear in real life.

ETA: yes, i'm protuned.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast