SPT Exhaust to quiet! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 31 to 39 of 39

This is a discussion on SPT Exhaust to quiet! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by PartyPizza ^ Beat me to it. 2011 spt exhaust +1 - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza WRX ...

  1. #31
    Registered User SubiEj255's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2012
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    387
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPizza View Post
    I stand corrected.
    A car is only as good as its driver

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #32
    Registered User PartyPizza's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    34

    SPT Exhaust to quiet!

    No problem. Just want to make sure the right info goes out.

    I think the SPT (STi sedan) is loud, both in cabin, and when it drives by. I wouldn't want any louder than what I have.

    But again, exhaust reviews are so objective anyway....YouTube and local meets are the way to judge.


    Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

  4. #33
    Registered User jsBLwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    663

    Re: SPT Exhaust to quiet!

    I am not sure about this noise level w/spt - When i had a stock dp i could hear the second gear whine just fine.

    With Invidia catted dp and the stage2 tuning, i could still hear the 2nd gear noise although quite muted. It was loud under boost but not as deep toned as the q300 is

    Got the full invidia tbe with the q300, and now the exhaust dominates all mechanical and intake noise especially in boost....Even just cruising the exhaust note is not what i consider comfortable....

    idk i guess individual perception of sound varies greatly. ....

  5. #34
    and the Funky Bunch Calvinball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2012
    Location
    Philly Area
    Posts
    5,975
    Quote Originally Posted by PartyPizza View Post
    But again, exhaust reviews are so objective anyway....YouTube and local meets are the way to judge.
    Agreed, and I would even argue that unless the youtube videos are done with the same recording device under similar circumstance, even they are potentially not terribly useful.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

  6. #35
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    N. Shore, MA
    Posts
    125
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Agreed, and I would even argue that unless the youtube videos are done with the same recording device under similar circumstance, even they are potentially not terribly useful.
    +1 i just posted that on NASIOC yesterday. i prefer to meet up in real life.

    Stage 2 for Old Men? - NASIOC my post is post 30 if can't tell.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

  7. #36
    Registered User bbrock171's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    179
    Quote Originally Posted by jsBLwrx View Post
    I am not sure about this noise level w/spt - When i had a stock dp i could hear the second gear whine just fine.

    With Invidia catted dp and the stage2 tuning, i could still hear the 2nd gear noise although quite muted. It was loud under boost but not as deep toned as the q300 is

    Got the full invidia tbe with the q300, and now the exhaust dominates all mechanical and intake noise especially in boost....Even just cruising the exhaust note is not what i consider comfortable....

    idk i guess individual perception of sound varies greatly. ....
    Wow, if it's louder than the SPT I'm glad I didn't buy it, because I like to go fast without drawing everyone's attention.

  8. #37
    Registered User jsBLwrx's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    663

    Re: SPT Exhaust to quiet!

    Quote Originally Posted by bbrock171 View Post
    Wow, if it's louder than the SPT I'm glad I didn't buy it, because I like to go fast without drawing everyone's attention.
    Lol... I hear ya.... I was not expecting the noise level under hard acceleration but it is really deep, and not as high pitched as the previous setup

    While cruising though, it is awesome... Just a nice rumble

  9. #38
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Posts
    14
    thanks everyone

  10. #39
    Master Baiter EJ257's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    On a stream bank somewhere
    Posts
    19,735
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball
    Agreed, and I would even argue that unless the youtube videos are done with the same recording device under similar circumstance, even they are potentially not terribly useful.
    Recording equipment, format conversion, file compression. All make YouTube (or any online video source) pretty much useless, when it comes to deciding an exhaust.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

    Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

    "Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

    UNYSOC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •