SPT Exhaust to quiet! - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on SPT Exhaust to quiet! within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by PartyPizza ^ Beat me to it. 2011 spt exhaust +1 - Page 4 - Subaru Impreza WRX ...

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPizza View Post
    I stand corrected.
    A car is only as good as its driver

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

SPT Exhaust to quiet!

No problem. Just want to make sure the right info goes out.

I think the SPT (STi sedan) is loud, both in cabin, and when it drives by. I wouldn't want any louder than what I have.

But again, exhaust reviews are so objective anyway....YouTube and local meets are the way to judge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Re: SPT Exhaust to quiet!

I am not sure about this noise level w/spt - When i had a stock dp i could hear the second gear whine just fine.

With Invidia catted dp and the stage2 tuning, i could still hear the 2nd gear noise although quite muted. It was loud under boost but not as deep toned as the q300 is

Got the full invidia tbe with the q300, and now the exhaust dominates all mechanical and intake noise especially in boost....Even just cruising the exhaust note is not what i consider comfortable....

idk i guess individual perception of sound varies greatly. ....

Quote Originally Posted by PartyPizza View Post
    But again, exhaust reviews are so objective anyway....YouTube and local meets are the way to judge.
    Agreed, and I would even argue that unless the youtube videos are done with the same recording device under similar circumstance, even they are potentially not terribly useful.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Agreed, and I would even argue that unless the youtube videos are done with the same recording device under similar circumstance, even they are potentially not terribly useful.
    +1 i just posted that on NASIOC yesterday. i prefer to meet up in real life.

Stage 2 for Old Men? - NASIOC my post is post 30 if can't tell.
    2012 WRX Premium Hatch, Stage 2
    Ice Silver Metal

Quote Originally Posted by jsBLwrx View Post
    I am not sure about this noise level w/spt - When i had a stock dp i could hear the second gear whine just fine.

With Invidia catted dp and the stage2 tuning, i could still hear the 2nd gear noise although quite muted. It was loud under boost but not as deep toned as the q300 is

Got the full invidia tbe with the q300, and now the exhaust dominates all mechanical and intake noise especially in boost....Even just cruising the exhaust note is not what i consider comfortable....

idk i guess individual perception of sound varies greatly. ....
    Wow, if it's louder than the SPT I'm glad I didn't buy it, because I like to go fast without drawing everyone's attention.

Re: SPT Exhaust to quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by bbrock171 View Post
    Wow, if it's louder than the SPT I'm glad I didn't buy it, because I like to go fast without drawing everyone's attention.
    Lol... I hear ya.... I was not expecting the noise level under hard acceleration but it is really deep, and not as high pitched as the previous setup

While cruising though, it is awesome... Just a nice rumble

thanks everyone

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball
    Recording equipment, format conversion, file compression. All make YouTube (or any online video source) pretty much useless, when it comes to deciding an exhaust.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123