Ej205 or Ej207?
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Ej205 or Ej207? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hello there New to the Club..Have a few questions though..I have an 03 WRX with a blown engine..Now should i ...

Question Ej205 or Ej207?

Hello there New to the Club..Have a few questions though..I have an 03 WRX with a blown engine..Now should i replace the Engine with a Ej205? or should i go with the JDM engine and have an Ej207? I understand that i will need to install the AVCS wiring as well as a JDM wiring harness and ECU. However my quetion is. Is it worth it? and can it be done quicky? I will have 10 days to make the swap.. Where could i but either a JDM or USDM Long block? Is it worth it to swap and make a JDM engine? and if so..which version V7. V8. or V9?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX

Ej205 or Ej207?

Search "hybrid build" or find a good used EJ205 locally. Simplest solution.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

I Support ClubWRX
    You would have to retune the JDM motor to run on 93 octane. I would do a EJ205 2.1L stroker
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    The ej207 is a better engine, but honestly I don't think it would be worth all the trouble of a JDM swap. . The JDM ECU will have trouble passing US OBDII tests for emissions and safety inspection.

Depending on what you're wanting out of the car, I would opt for an ej257 shortblock with after market forged pistons, then have your existing heads refreshed, match the combustion chamber to the 2.5L heads, and install STi cams. That would be much less trouble than having to redo all the wiring and everything.

10 days is not realistic though. . I would plan on it taking about 90 days. If it has to be done in 10 days then your only realistic option is to buy a used ej205 longblock, drop it in, and hope for the best.

What was the initial cause of engine failure?

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.