Next Mod - Stage 2 (2011 WRX)???

This is a discussion on Next Mod - Stage 2 (2011 WRX)??? within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I currently have a 2011 WRX Hatch running stage 1 OTS 91 map. I have about 00. I'm debating wether ...

I currently have a 2011 WRX Hatch running stage 1 OTS 91 map. I have about $2000. I'm debating wether to go full stage 2(Invidia Q300 CBE, Invidia CDP & SF intake) or go the suspension route. I would probably keep stock wheels for now, and go struts, coils, and sways. I just want some general input from people with experience on handling vs. power. Also if you have any suggestions on any other exhausts or suspension stuff please add your thoughts!
    - 2011 WRB WRX Premium Hatch

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Re: Next Mod - Stage 2 (2011 WRX)???

It would seem you are leaning towards a complete sus mod.

IMHO a stage2 mod will over power any stock sus and break systems

I've updated my breaks and sus before going stage2...... Since then i feel that the mild tweaking to the suspension system would need to be addressed if I was planning any auto-x

As a DD the combo is ok......

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    I think it really depends on how you drive it and where you personally feel the car is more lacking. If you asked a pro driver I'm fairly certain they would say suspension suspension suspension ..

I definitely notice some pretty bad body roll, but then again the stock exhaust is so quiet. I'm thinking of doing both, but my budget is a very limiting factor. What do you guys think the best first suspension mods are, to get the best bang for your buck?
    - 2011 WRB WRX Premium Hatch

Quote Originally Posted by briancox33 View Post
    I definitely notice some pretty bad body roll, but then again the stock exhaust is so quiet. I'm thinking of doing both, but my budget is a very limiting factor. What do you guys think the best first suspension mods are, to get the best bang for your buck?
    Sways and endlinks.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Ive really found that the novelty of the exhaust wore off quicker than i thought it would. Sways and endlinks are a great suggestion
    Find a low-mileage one-owner unmodified '04/'05 and you're golden.

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car.
    Oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Re: Next Mod - Stage 2 (2011 WRX)???

Quote Originally Posted by Calvinball View Post
    Sways and endlinks.
    ^^^ This. Body roll and the brakes bothered me enough to upgrade a little after a month. 2013 sedan.... I went with the whiteline 24/22mm hvy/dty adjustable fr/rr swaybars and the endlinks. I've also added ss braided brake lines and performance break pads

Body motion and front end feed back are unblieveable

Stage2 tuning is speechless
    Last edited by jsBLwrx; 01-24-2013 at 06:31 PM.

I Support ClubWRX

What about doing a bit of both? Sways and endlinks will make a huge difference in the handling and body roll. You could do those plus a full tbe for your budget. I went with the rallitek track spec package which is 25 mm front and 22 mm rear plus their hd endlinks and I am really happy. If you did the q300, dp, sway bars, and endlinks, you would definitely have enough money and maybe enough for an intake, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    -Noah

2009 Spark Silver Metallic Sedan - Stage 2+

Stink-Eye Mob #91

Help Me with My Build Thread : http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/builds...wrx-sedan.html

^ That.

Why put all the money into one facet of the car, and leave the other "deficient." I didn't want to jump in and say "mod the same way I will!!1!" but I will still share my thoughts/plans.

I find the stock tune to be quite not smooth, and wouldn't mind a little bump in powah. Ok, stage 1 and possibly stage 2 down the line.

I find the stock suspension to have too much body roll. Ok, sways and endlinks.

I don't hate the stock shifting, but it could certainly be improved. Ok, short shifter.

And eventually, I will want better sound. Ok, aftermarket head unit.

Point being, there are aspects of the car that I personally feel could be improved. Since you are debating suspension vs powah, I assume you feel that those are areas that could be improved. $2k will easily put you at stage 2 with at least some sways and endlinks even if you go with more expensive options, so why not hit both at the same time? You can always do more later if you still feel an area is lacking.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

I spent under $1000 for a Tactrix cable, 3" catless turbo back exhaust, EBCS, intake, rear sway and links, then a stage 2 Torqued Performance map. I did spend about another $1000 on wheels and tires but, I'm still at your $2k. Included in that amount I've also done a variety of bushings, group-n trans mount and positive shift bushings, dif bushings etc... Granted, all most all parts were used and I did the installs myself but, for about $2000 is exactly like if not better than cars that guys have spent 2 times the cash on all brand new parts and had somebody else doing very simple installs.

I say spend your 2k on an Open Source stage 2 and some type of handling..aka sways and/or wheels-tires!
    You won't be sorry, just do your reading and ask guys that have done it already.

Good luck with it all, it's a great way to waste your hard earned money..I should know!

PERRIN Performance — — Subaru 2011 WRX Sway Bar Combo Kit

^That is a pretty good deal. You get the whole kit.

Get a STS as well.

See how you like that. If you want more, then go for struts and springs

sell wrx, aquire sti

Quote Originally Posted by charlie_hustle View Post
    sell wrx, aquire sti
    He meant 911!

Pretty sure you would save about 600 dollars just by going with a cheaper exhaust and dp...

the DP is JUST a pipe... and a hi flow cat. I would go for a CNT catted DP. The exhaust noise is different between systems... but the Invidia one of the most expensive systems... do some youtube and sound clip searches for possible cheaper options for sound.

Go OTS Opensource... I did and it is awesome..

If I had 2000 to spend on exhaust and sways (2 things I am debating over now but dont have 2000)... I would go CNT Racing Catted DP/CNT HB Exhaust/Stage 2 tune Opensource/Eibach Sways/Kartboy Endlinks...
    ALL FOR UNDER 2000
    2012 WRX Hatchback ISM - Base Model - STI STS, SPT Boost Gauge, AEM Intake, TP Stage 1 Tune, red illumination kit, cobb shift knob, 20% tint - currently on stock wheels wrapped in Pirelli Winter Carving Edge Tires
    Some cool tidbits to come...