Stage 2 Help

This is a discussion on Stage 2 Help within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I am new to the Subaru world and have a 2011 WRX that I purchased back in November. I bought ...

Stage 2 Help

I am new to the Subaru world and have a 2011 WRX that I purchased back in November. I bought it will an invidia CDP and SPT CBE with a custom stage 2 tune. I know I if I put an intake on I will have to get it retuned. I dont need to put a SRI on but I kind of want too. Will I lose a lot if I go to a Cobb Stage 2 Tune from the tune I am running now? I am running 299 hp and 336 ft/tq and around 17-18 psi peak. This may be a noob question I know but I am just curious. It will help me make the choice if i want to do this or not.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

id stick with the custom tune over the accessport, save your money for a parts pile or buy something that wont require a tune.

Where was the custom tune from?

If it was legitimately customized to your vehicle, say like an E-tune or something like that, you'd certainly lose power going back to a Cobb OTS map. Pointless IMO...

Check with who did your custom tune and see if they will make a revision for you to include the SRI.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post

If it was legitimately customized to your vehicle, say like an E-tune or something like that, you'd certainly lose power going back to a Cobb OTS map. Pointless IMO...

Check with who did your custom tune and see if they will make a revision for you to include the SRI.
    I was in the same predicament when I got etuned then added an AEM intake on my 11 WRX (sold). I gained cool intake sound but lost power and ended up just paying for another etune. It was worth the money compared to the Cobb map.

Not knocking Cobb's OTS, but it's a conservative tune that is meant to run safely on any car in any condition, with bad gas, boost leak, a-hole driving habits, hot climate, etc. etc. etc. Or at least that's how I ran mine

My etune from TP was very noticeably more aggressive than Cobb, like more than just 5 or 10hp more aggressive, I could really feel the difference. And it also ran safely while I flogged it daily for the better part of 21,000mi before trading in for the new STi.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13
    This.

Depending on who did the original tune, it may just require some minor changes to the MAF scaling and checking to see if everything in the logs lined up as they should (making minor changes). I wouldn't charge someone an entire tune fee to touch-up for an intake. YMMV.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

Thanks everyone. This has been helpful, I know pretty much the onlything I would be gaining is the intake sound, no real power. I just wanted some other opinions. This all helps a lot though.