help squeezing a lil more hp on my stage 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on help squeezing a lil more hp on my stage 2 within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; so im my plan is to to do some nice upgrades on my 2012 wrx with my tax return. doing ...

so im my plan is to to do some nice upgrades on my 2012 wrx with my tax return. doing stoptech pads,ss brakelines, motul brake fluid, whiteline front sway and kartboy shifter. im currently running a k&n n intake, cobb dp, nameless axle back with tp tune. im doing a custom 3 mid pipe too. my question is i still want a lil more power without spending alot,what are my options? i would like to get a grimmspeed ebc but i dont know if thats something eric can tune with a etune. any other options?
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    3-port EBCS, TMIC, EWG.. and of course a tune with any of them. Maybe look into a local tuner with a dyno, they will be able to extract more power working with the car in person. Eric's tunes are more or less base maps that he makes sure are safe to run, they're not really for max power.

1000cc inj, dw65c pump and e85

i live in good old cali dont have e 85, dont even have real 91. i thought bout up pipe and ewg...
    boost is like alcohol, its fun and great in moderation, to much and something's gonna go boom.

With Cali gas I would consider a meth kit..

true, almost put one on my last car... any info on godspeed tmic? any bad reviews i cant see paying for the pw tmic

Godspeed anything is junk. If you're going to cheap out on a TMIC I would either go with TurboXS, or keep the stock one.

unless im mistaken turboxs doesnt make a tmic for my model

maybe not.. I'm not up to date with the LGT style TMICs. I just know I would probably get the PW if it was my car.

I think the next best thing you can get for power gains would be better top mount intercooler or a small front mount. The process west is definitely the best right now, there are two "stock sized" replacements out there, I think Perrin makes one. Spearco makes a big tmic for the 3g wrx as well. Look around and look in the classifieds here and on Nasioc.

The 3-port EBCS is at the discretion of the tuner. Getting a dyno tune or a tune from someone local would be the next step for pushing the stock turbo. Find someone good in your area and talk to them about what they like to tune with.

Quote Originally Posted by starkall View Post
    1000cc inj, dw65c pump and e85
    These are good mods, but will take him way out if the stage 2 bracket.

I would suggest what already has been suggested a TMIC, EWG and/or EBCS. Ask your tuner, he should be able to give you the most information on what the car needs to take that next step. What ever he says is the route I would take.
    A car is only as good as its driver

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SubiEj255 View Post
    These are good mods, but will take him way out if the stage 2 bracket.
    How do you figure? It's injectors and a pump. If E85 is accessible I would run that in a heartbeat. This easilly can add 20-30whp and torque on your average car with a "stage 2 " tune.
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Turbo XS is not cheap. The price tag is a little cheaper than most leading brands. However I can speak from firsthand knowledge and experience that their quality is very good for the money

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    How do you figure? It's injectors and a pump. If E85 is accessible I would run that in a heartbeat. This easilly can add 20-30whp and torque on your average car with a "stage 2 " tune.
    Ok. I was under the impression that stage 2 was a certain map. Getting injectors, a fuel pump and E85 would require a new map; no longer that same stage 2 map. A TMIC, EBCS, and EWG could possibly use the same map; with some tweaks to get the best out of the mods. That was my logic for saying that.
    A car is only as good as its driver

I Support ClubWRX
    if your aiming for cheap then go with an ebcs and a retune, i gained some hp and build boost a little faster
    2011 Subaru WRX Premium
    1988 Ford Mustang GT
    2000 Jeep Wrangler TJ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.