New wrx, quick question

This is a discussion on New wrx, quick question within the Engine Modifications forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm looking to purchase a 05-07 wrx here in the next few months, completely stock. I'm definitely looking to go ...

New wrx, quick question

I'm looking to purchase a 05-07 wrx here in the next few months, completely stock. I'm definitely looking to go stage 2 with it and know exactly what i want for the upgrade. I'll be purchasing a cobb catted downpipe, a blitz nur r catback and an accessport...(up pipe as well if 2005) But my question is what gaskets will i need to purchase in order for everything to fit perfectly and correct? Any help is appreciated, thanks again

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    For just a turboback exhaust, you'll need a turbo/downpipe gasket, and possibly a new donut gasket (downpipe/catback).

For an uppipe, you'd need an additional turbo/uppipe, uppipe/manifold gasket. Depending on your install method, you'd need additional manifold/head and manifold/crosspipe gaskets, as well.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning, LLC

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

I Support ClubWRX
    Just to add to it..You may find that gaskets are provided with your pipes. I would go ahead and order the OEM gaskets for use; often the provided gaskets are of low quality.
    --Ray
    Grandfather of the Bugeye Mafia
    2013 Subaru BRZ Limited
    2002 Subaru WRX Bugeyebrid Wagon

I would just get them and replace them with the install. My theory is, it can't do nothing but help. You would "shoot" yourself in the foot if you needed a gasket xxxx miles when you could've just did it with the install at first.
    A car is only as good as its driver

When I did my stage 2 I just replaced all the gaskets being taken off with turboxs ones from rallysportdirect. It's hard to find an uppipe and downpipe that will come with all the gaskets
    charlie

Bugeye wrx